In the Gardens of Gehenna - Vol. 1 Ch. 9 - Goodbye

Fed-Kun's army
Sorry for the delay, but for those of you wondering why these chapters take so damn long to put out, I'd invite you to check all the extremely tough SFX that had to be painstakingly redrawn for the past two chapters to hit our usual quality standards.

Supporter
New chapter releasing the same day as another toxic yuri but this manga makes Destroy It All and Love Me In Hell seem kinda wholesome in comparison.

I can't even take this shit seriously anymore to be honest. These are like kindergarteners. This is ridiculous.
Yeah I mostly agree. The first half of the chapter with the flashback felt like they were acting their age but then everything in the present was just too over the top.

Dex-chan lover
Man, finally got an answer to what happened when told to a teacher / police. Annnnnnd nothing happened! I am often baffled by our judicial system and this manga doesn't fail to deliver.
I can't even take this shit seriously anymore to be honest. These are like kindergarteners. This is ridiculous.

You might want to start reading the news, you'd be surprised... Or better not. Sleep is important and you wouldn't want to lose it over stuff.

Group Leader
Thousand-yard stare - Wikipedia

Dex-chan lover
"you're more cheerful lately" is that rly something ppl say to each other? well, at least at that age/young b/c other than some moody teen going through puberty or some 'quiet/gloomy/reserved' child i think a person acting chipper in the morning in elementary school might be 'default' for some kids who are happy for no particular reason

Group Leader
Dude be forreal. I'm not talking about the abuse I'm talking about the fact that children simply don't act this way. I'd buy this level of interpersonal melodrama if they were like 13.
Bah, there's some pretty fucked up kids out there. really depends on various factors, some similars things may happen, but these stories need you to brace yourself thinking like this "well, let's suppose these characters have this mentality lets see what the author cooks". But if it's not a think you can do to this series in particular better thing is to move on. i dm you when it ends:kek:

Group Leader
chapter 1 has Colin saying goodbye to Mary with cuffeds feets, beaten up and a covered windows, maybe we are getting close to the end? :questionblob:

Dex-chan lover
This is fucked up...

Im loving every second, I cannot wait for the next chapter where we see some murder 😤

This trainwreck is reaching terminal mass and my seatbelt is fastened 🦅

Dude be forreal. I'm not talking about the abuse I'm talking about the fact that children simply don't act this way. I'd buy this level of interpersonal melodrama if they were like 13.
they aren't 13??? With how they're acting from the very start and the way they look I thought they're about that age

Also it definitely isn't uncommon for people (especially teens) with a fucked up upbringing act insanely childish in heightened situations like this (I'd know, I used to be like this and probably still am), and I can totally see actual people acting like the three (Colin: victim/survivor of incest & pedophilia, groomed to think certain things are ok to do even when other people don't think it is; Mary: neglected by parent and desperately tries to seek out attention and love from anyone who's willing to care about them, even just a bit; Riko: parentified child who wants to help everyone [I'm not as familiar with her character so can't say much, but parentified children usually have a hard time regulating emotions]), so maybe I'm just trying to justify why they're acting this way but I think it's definitely in the realm of possibility

I think they're meant to be in elementary school. Definitely not 13 or kindergarten. I personally see them as in upper elementary.

Friendship drama is pretty normal for kids, these kids are just more extreme in their behaviour due to their individual issues. All of them feel like kids in how bad they are managing their emotions and the situation. And I can totally see Colin/Momo being willing to kill Riko considering she's already desensitised to death from her own baby. Maybe the stuff Colin says about Mary sounds more insightful than a kid would be, but if you simplify the language a bit I can def see kids saying those things. None of these things are particularly complex concepts.

Last edited:
they aren't 13??? With how they're acting from the very start and the way they look I thought they're about that age

Also it definitely isn't uncommon for people (especially teens) with a fucked up upbringing act insanely childish in heightened situations like this (I'd know, I used to be like this and probably still am), and I can totally see actual people acting like the three (Colin: victim/survivor of incest & pedophilia, groomed to think certain things are ok to do even when other people don't think it is; Mary: neglected by parent and desperately tries to seek out attention and love from anyone who's willing to care about them, even just a bit; Riko: parentified child who wants to help everyone [I'm not as familiar with her character so can't say much, but parentified children usually have a hard time regulating emotions]), so maybe I'm just trying to justify why they're acting this way but I think it's definitely in the realm of possibility
They're in 6th grade, so they're about 12. Well within the bounds of believabilty for a bunch of young girls suffering from neglect and abuse who are being forced by their environment to grow up faster than they are emotionally prepared to be, and none of whom have adults willing to teach them proper forms of communication and love.

Users who are viewing this thread