Inaka no Home Center Otoko no Jiyuu na Isekai Seikatsu - Ch. 5.1

Aggregator gang
The villagers are attacking their benefactor while refusing his simple terms WHILE in front of knights?!?

This is a weird scenario lol

Dex-chan lover
Foolish villagers. They couldn't even defeat the goblins, and now they try attacking the person who defeated those goblins.
This is not rock-paper-scissors.
I say off with the men's heads, then take the women and children as criminal slaves.

I wonder how bad the resource tax is for these villagers if they resorted to attacking their benefactor in frustration.

Dex-chan lover
> The villagers might be avoiding paying tax, nor they were playing the tactics of until the resource runs out.
If thats the case, the Knight will be obligated to retreat because of lack of resource.

Second, i think another case is that they were heavily tax, and needs a reason that let them see as a poorly peasants by the Knights, so they will not be giving a hefty portion of their resources to them, while plying safe.
The only flaw is, none of them are witty enough to let them move with reasons. What we see in this chapter, only one instigation from MC, they were riled up and ready to kill.
They were not mentally stable to go along with their strategy formed by Village chief, or others...

Dex-chan lover
@Foxfady

well, I can´t say i "know" what is going on but...
the logical assumption would be that they avoid tax or other fees by not telling the knights about the water/food.

Attacking the person who single-handed saved them from the goblins is kind of stupid tho.
They got REALLY rilled up over a single well and garden, so something is up.... that's for sure.

If I remember right.... beastmen village got pushed out by humans. Humans then hide the well/garden to avoid taxes. Goblins move in so villagers leave. MC stomps goblins (goddesses say that is a problem and he will destroy the world). Knights show up and are cool with it (for once). Villagers come back and try to get out of rewarding MC. He exposes the hidden well. Knights take chief away. Villagers attack MC.

I think the author needed to explain the hidden well issue a little more instead of just carting off the chief.

Dex-chan lover
Evading taxes is a no-no in every world LOL

And it's fun how they couldn't take down the goblins but think they can take down the dude who could.

Fed-Kun's army
@onion_horse
The artist is most likely using 3d models to draw over, the art is a little to good and consistent to just call it creepy eyes, and since everyone has it to some extent, it just seems to be a querk of using 3d models for setting up scenes.

Dex-chan lover
20 bucks on him going full cucklord 🤡 and forgiving them for trying to kill him

Group Leader
@LygarX Probably some divine blessing like: "The better the quality of life of the village the MC is helping the more his stats increase". If he gets it up to a country in size he'll be unstoppable.

Dex-chan lover
I know i shouldn't be complaining, but the speed at which the Manga is being translated, the Scanlation team won't ever be able to catch up with the raws, unless the series goes into a long hiatus or get axed. I mean we are at Ch 5.1, while the raws are at Ch 25.
With half a chapter being translated each month, it would never be possible.

Users who are viewing this thread