Inaka no Home Center Otoko no Jiyuu na Isekai Seikatsu - Ch. 5.1

Dex-chan lover
InB4 the MC is also revealed to be a spec ops candidate before suffering an unfortunate knee injury causing him to be kicked out of the forces and into the countryside to work at the home depot. These goddesses...reading is FUN-da-mental!

😔

Double-page supporter
@Morose This will probably be axed. More original stories have been axed and this one so far doesn't have anything special and everybody seems to be stupid. Some unknown guy wiped out all goblins without suffering a scratch and not only that but also was recognized by the knights. How stupid do you need to be to attack him? Either he wipes you all or even if you manage to get him the knights would kick your ass for attacking him.

Anyone questioning why the villagers are attacking a man they should feel indebted to should ask, "what is their debt?" The answer is their lives. If the knights were the saviors the villagers would owe nothing because the knights were paid to be there through taxes. Even though some random guy saved the villagers he can't do much with them because of the knight's protection. But now that they are criminals, they are all complicit in the chief's crime, the knights, or anyone indoctrinated in the ideology of an honor society, will no longer protect them and the mc can do anything including what @welcome2atlantis suggests. The only way to clear their debt is to kill their savior, they are already criminals so killing him won't change that.

This is how honor societies work, as a system of credit and debt that has no bounds. It is an absolutely disgusting system.

Meh. I don't like the art in this chapter. I don't like how the MC and the beardy villain guy's mouths are borderline too big/out of proportion to their faces. The corners of the mouth usually fall around the middle of the eye, far edge in extreme, but he pushed it a bit too far out IMO. I don't mind a more "realistic" look, but the proportions have to work. And that's what gives them that creepy look to me, I guess.

It doesn't help that the story went into the compost heap. I'm rabbit-ly losing interest in this series. I thought this was going to give me more fluff and less crazy faces.

Dex-chan lover
@baka7kami frankly it doesn't even need to be that (though it makes more sense by that explanation, especially with the villagers "erase us" comment) but just attacking "their guy" is really enough I think. At least that's the impression I get from watching American politics...

Dex-chan lover
Jesus the fuck christ, they don't dispose of bodies? How the hell did this civilization even survive?

Page 9 : ah yes. I know this scene from several times explaining why certain queries were going to crash a website

Aggregator gang
@Kaitensatsuma my guess is that they just dont do it pre-emptively. like the body stays their until someone gets annoyed by it, or it gets in the way. but still it is hazardous.

Double-page supporter
Ah I get it. The ruling power extorts their own people actively. That's why they had to lie to the knights. The villagers & common people aren't the real bad guys. They even connect with the rabbit people, somewhat.

Fed-Kun's army
I think I figured it out, it’s his mouth! His face looks off to me whenever I look into his mouth

Dex-chan lover
Uh guys to remember these guys are Peasants meaning they are sharing the barest of resources to survive. Where some water or a bit of coin can mean the difference between life and death.

Dex-chan lover
I fucking hate when authors make Isekai inhabitants excessively stupid for the sake of making the protagonist seem smarter. You're really telling me the knights, whose whole job is killing things, have no concept of burying bodies? The thing we've been doing since fucking prehistory?!? Sure, they didn't understand bacterial colonies and other microscopic ailment causers, but they weren't braindead. The concept the dead can spread disease is common fucking sense! Hell, even if it weren't, no one wants to live around a bunch of goblin corpses! Why can you not even conceptualize getting rid of them until Isekai saviour explains it to you?!?

Dex-chan lover
I wont be surprised if the kingdom is starving villages with im9ossible taxes. Like in other in some places in the world like china. Where farmers must give over 90% of their yield to he country and sell the remaining 10% which will be barely enough to survive st stsrving levels. Its a valid reason that they hide the well and hid the small farm. Otherwise they will die due to hunger.
If its trying to be historical most peasants would pay litle taxes at something similar to 5-10% at most in the medieval age due to just how decentralized everything was it was hard for the lord to force the peasants to pay much higher than that of tax and due to just how low the productivity was in those time of agriculture even just that would be for some really bad places starvation.

Users who are viewing this thread