Indulging a Crazy Beauty - Ch. 3 - My Own Plan

Dex-chan lover
like mia said, if you have any questions about the story, come hang out with us in our discord server :) there's also exclusive yandere heroine x crazy beauty crossover fanart there to celebrate 100 members 👹

anyway ch 3 be like

she_fucked_up.png

Dex-chan lover
I understand the information being given, but man is the author leaving so many holes.

Can't wait until probably chapter 10 to have a more complete understanding of the basic relationship between these 3 chars and maybe some hints about their previous life and who she had the encounter with :kek: :aquadrink: :aquadrink: :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
I understand the information being given, but man is the author leaving so many holes.

Can't wait until probably chapter 10 to have a more complete understanding of the basic relationship between these 3 chars and maybe some hints about their previous life and who she had the encounter with :kek: :aquadrink: :aquadrink: :aquadrink:
everything does get explained, so dw haha. it definitely does take a good chunk of chapters, though, but personally I think it's worth the wait. I think it's pretty obvious who she was with, though 👹

Dex-chan lover

I mean isnt that just how Chinese GL works? Dont think I Can name a single one who didnt start out with nothing but holes🤣

Supporter
It does feel like there's lots of holes, but telling a complex epic story is really hard to do in an episodic format without leaving holes all over the place in the beginning - the trick is to write it in such a way that the holes are mysteries that make the reader want to keep going to see what those mysteries are. I expect that's a lot harder to achieve on the other side of a translation, even a good one, particularly with different cultural expectations around story telling . . .

Dex-chan lover
everything does get explained, so dw haha. it definitely does take a good chunk of chapters, though, but personally I think it's worth the wait. I think it's pretty obvious who she was with, though 👹
eh? it was with a men, we haven’t even been introduced to any other notable characters to know whos dick did she ride on??????

cuz defently ain’t the general! and not the prince! and other characters are showing in the one year from this point ???? so HOW did you even figure out? read the raws?

Dex-chan lover

They really would need to spell it out atp to make it any more obvious that she was with Zhou Rong lol. Why she doesn't remember that is definitely left out at this point in the story, but you should be able to reasonably infer that Zhou Rong loves Bai Man, and while we don't know why they seemed fated to kill each other, it was clear Zhou Rong would rather die by Bai Man's hand than whatever the alternative was.

Ninth Prince's motivation for killing Bai Man atp is narratively hinted that he uncovered the tryst between the two women, but nothing concrete. It is implied he is more ambitious and cunning than shown.

Hopefully this spoiler-free breakdown helped fill in some gaps as to what the reader should be able to infer with the information given at this point in the story!

Dex-chan lover
It's the way they tell the story. It feels like you see a lot, but ultimately you aren't told anything of substance. If this was a regular manga, the stuff on these three chapters would all be part of chapter one. It's not a Chinese only thing, this also happens to Korean and Japanese webtoons.

This manhua is adapted from Novel so it may not be as detailed as the novel especially at start. Then again this is not an official release unlike the translated version usually when new manhua released they release 5 chapters or more within a few days so chinese releases aren't as confuse as you guys think also the Raws is weekly release.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
eh? it was with a men, we haven’t even been introduced to any other notable characters to know whos dick did she ride on??????

cuz defently ain’t the general! and not the prince! and other characters are showing in the one year from this point ???? so HOW did you even figure out? read the raws?
I'm literally one of the scanlators for this series 💀 so yes, I did read the raws lol. but again, it's not with a guy. not sure why you're so insistent and confident that it's not the general when they make that much quite obvious at this point. like guerillabae said, it's VERY obvious at this point in the story.

Dex-chan lover
It's the way they tell the story. It feels like you see a lot, but ultimately you aren't told anything of substance. If this was a regular manga, the stuff on these three chapters would all be part of chapter one. It's not a Chinese only thing, this also happens to Korean and Japanese webtoons.
this!! I'm honestly quite tired of the stigma and biases that come with manhua. idk if it's something to do with a bad prior experience with manhua or just straight up sinophobia, but as someone who has read a ton of yuri, I don't think chinese gl automatically means a confusing story that makes no sense.

in fact, I think this specific series (at least the original novel) has quite a good story, comparable to her shim-cheong. idk how exactly the manhua will adapt, and obviously there will be some hurdles when it comes to manhua adaptations, but the overall story is definitely good. yes, it starts out with holes, but it's not for no reason.

Supporter
I do think there's an element of cultural expectations and storytelling norms, which can make it harder for a "Generic Western" reader to follow a story that's written for a native Chinese audience - I've often felt like things just work in a different way at some fundamental level. Which definitely shouldn't be taken to mean that this is a problem - I'd be worried about what I was missing if reading a Chinese story didn't feel somewhat like visiting a foreign country . . . but it does definitely make it harder to approach those Chinese stories, and easier for people to lose patience with them when they find the story challenging their expecations.

I think Japanese storytelling tends to feel a lot more familiar, far less foreign, because western audiences are exposed to far more Japanese media than they are Chinese (in fact, probably any other "foreign language" media, at least in the modern anglosphere). Of course, that exposure is shallow and most of that sense of familiarity is going to be rooted in ignorance . . . but it still ends up feeling different from the more up-front foreignness of Chinese stories.

. . . all that said, you really can't tell a complex story without leaving lots of stuff unsaid in the early parts, regardless of the storytelling culture you're coming from, and that seems like the root of most of the confusion here.

Dex-chan lover
this!! I'm honestly quite tired of the stigma and biases that come with manhua. idk if it's something to do with a bad prior experience with manhua or just straight up sinophobia, but as someone who has read a ton of yuri, I don't think chinese gl automatically means a confusing story that makes no sense.

in fact, I think this specific series (at least the original novel) has quite a good story, comparable to her shim-cheong. idk how exactly the manhua will adapt, and obviously there will be some hurdles when it comes to manhua adaptations, but the overall story is definitely good. yes, it starts out with holes, but it's not for no reason.
I think the webtoon format, regardless of who is writing it, is the real issue. Authors get to make detailed set pieces that look amazing, but leave very little space for anything else. I think people feel the slowness of the story to get started as "holes" in it. Honestly, this problem is the reason why I tend to read webtoons after a specific arc or part is over. You get to scroll infinitely until a "natural" stopping point hahaha

Dex-chan lover
I think the webtoon format, regardless of who is writing it, is the real issue. Authors get to make detailed set pieces that look amazing, but leave very little space for anything else. I think people feel the slowness of the story to get started as "holes" in it. Honestly, this problem is the reason why I tend to read webtoons after a specific arc or part is over. You get to scroll infinitely until a "natural" stopping point hahaha
yeah, a singular chapter of a manhua can only tell so much compared to one in a novel. it takes much more time work on one manhua chapter due to all the art that needs to be drawn, so as a result the chapters are much shorter.

in the original novel, the entire issue with zhou rong, bai man, who bai man was with, and all that is cleared up and explained within the first ten chapters, and there's no need to wait in between chapters. it definitely flows better that way. I think webcomic readers tend to forget that it's just the nature of webcomics to be... well, slower.

Users who are viewing this thread