Isekai de Café wo Kaiten Shimashita - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
@Recipe: "Weak flour" is probably... wrong.

There are 2 basic types of wheat flour:

Cake flour: soft wheat, finely milled; light, fluffy; used for cakes (obviously) and pastries.
Bread flour: hard wheat, less finely milled, usually unbleached; not really tougher, per se, but has a tendency to make a more glutinous dough; when cooked, makes a crust.
And a freebie - all purpose flour: a mix of cake and bread flour, generally suitable for any home use.

There are other flours, such as rice and potato flour. Does anyone know what type of flour is referred to here?

Weak flour (also known as soft flour or hi-ratio flour) has a low gluten content of approx. 8% and is therefore ideal for delicate cake and sponge production.
Basically weak flour is a synonym to pastry flour or, as you refer to it, cake flour, and it is actually a term used in cooking.

Fed-Kun's army
ohwow this is so easy mode, everything in silver platter

@Wolvenworks Daamn, didn't notice it... -_- I thought you were talking about my previous comment, where it corrected 'flour' to 'flower'. BTW, I am not typesetting or anything, just translating.

Dex-chan lover
@Lainrad Well, I learned something new today.

I jumped straight to "translation error," not realizing it was a regional/dialect thing.

Sorry!

And thus began the Diabetes Arc.

Seriously the other world food was pure ketogenic and healthy as fuck. Nutritiously dense and organic, fortified by magic. Carbohydrates makes it easier to get fat.

In the medieval times, streets were often littered with horse shit dropped by the horses pulling carts and carriages. I doubt anyone from the modern times would appreciate a breeze from that area

Group Leader
@GerryCerryBerry
https://mangadex.org/title/21428/osake-wa-fuufu-ni-natte-kara
this one is a fuwa fuwa slice of life that has cocktail recipes at the end of each chapter

Users who are viewing this thread