Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Demon Den

Wait, so MC discovers that the forest is dangerous as hell and the princess uses the lives of the knights just to say thank you and MC is looking at the whole situation "oh what a pretty girl to use the lives of others as trash just like me before discovering the door". What a great manga..

Dex-chan lover
Wait, so MC discovers that the forest is dangerous as hell and the princess uses the lives of the knights just to say thank you and MC is looking at the whole situation "oh what a pretty girl to use the lives of others as trash just like me before discovering the door". What a great manga..
I don't think they sacrificed the lives of the knights/guards, they appeared again when they were leaving, so they most likely were waiting behind.

Dex-chan lover
The MC could save the fantasy world from a demon king and on Earth he could introduce the cure for all forms of cancer, but he would still keep thinking he's the most miserable person to ever exist and not worth anything. If there was a measuring device for self-pity, it would show over 9000 if pointed at Yuuya.

I wish this terrible trainwreck of a series had kept the MC's original ugly looks, even if he had otherwise got stronger with the cheats. It would have been actually interesting, with the people he had saved wanting to express their gratitude, but at the same time likely not be at all enamored with him. If the princess in her shock hadn't seen him properly and only formed the image of a dashing prince in her mind, but the reality would have been a short, obese, ugly emo dude, would she have proposed immediately? I think not. She would have still surely thanked him and perhaps offered some rewards, even invited him to visit the castle, but that's probably the limit. In the new school, he wouldn't have immediately made friends, either. He would have likely been cordially ignored.

It would have been so much more interesting, plus it would have actually made it more realistic the dude still has no sense of self-worth.

Dex-chan lover
Power fantasy aside, I feel sorry for Owen.

I wish this terrible trainwreck of a series had kept the MC's original ugly looks, even if he had otherwise got stronger with the cheats. It would have been actually interesting, with the people he had saved wanting to express their gratitude, but at the same time likely not be at all enamored with him.
Isekai Ojisan?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Needs a bit more common sense, but maybe I just lost the mood to read this.

Anyway, lesgo

Dex-chan lover
The king is "her majesty"?

@Kaarme I was thinking the same thing. While I get that an appearance improvement is fairly common in isekai (or other power fantasies) the MC should have kept his original appearance. It would make his increased strength even more noteworthy, without needing to go over the top with it. It would also have made the reception he got at the new school even more noteworthy. With him now being tall and handsome it's too easy to chalk that up to pretty privilege, rather than the awesomeness of that school. Mostly though, it wouldn't have made it so strange that the girl he rescued recognised him, and he didn't recognise her, rather than the other way around.

Users who are viewing this thread