Isekai de Saikyou no Skill o Umidaseta node, Hitasura Musou Suru Koto ni Shimashita. ~ Ore Dake ga Skill no Suuchi o Katte ni Sousa ~ - Ch. 6.3

Supporter
This chapter felt bad. Didn't confirm the dragons origins, just decided to stop people from killing it because it helped "innocent" people escape. Maybe it's the decimal releases where a full chapter 20+ pages would've made it better? But still felt wonky.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter felt bad. Didn't confirm the dragons origins, just decided to stop people from killing it because it helped "innocent" people escape. Maybe it's the decimal releases where a full chapter 20+ pages would've made it better? But still felt wonky.
I mean, if the people who tried to kill me to steal my shit was trying to execute someone with means and reasons I found sketchy, I would assume they were innocent too. As for the dragon, yeah, it's not confirmed. I would want to do something to ingratiate myself with the demons here though, since I could follow them out of the country and get info from them. Since he also jumped to the conclusion that the dragon was also transportation, keeping it intact would be best. Still a lot of assumptions though but everything's happening fast and ya gotta move so proof can wait.

Dex-chan lover
bad pacing, i wonder if the novel has bad pacing too, or is it a bad adaptation. does anyone know?

Dex-chan lover
bad pacing, i wonder if the novel has bad pacing too, or is it a bad adaptation. does anyone know?
it's a bad adaptation. I just caught up to this point in the WN. There's some pretty significant differences, like the FL actually goes with the ML to turn in that last quest to the guildmaster so both the dwarf father and daughter are killed by the elves and their party is just the two of them. Aside from that, the main issue is that the original has them investigate their abilities and the world more, giving more exposition as they figure shit out, and the manga seems to want to skip most of that. Just to list off a few things off the top of my head that was better explained:

1. The contact skill seed is an enhancement, not a restriction. It merely boosts the speed and effect of his abilities if he uses them on something he can make contact with.

2. both the ML and FL's abilities are only usable out of combat. They need to be able to focus exclusively on a person or thing for a few minutes each time they use them. So no debuffing enemies unless he can hold them down for 5-10 minutes uninterrupted. Well, this is actually shown in the manga, since when he edits the FL's skill he says he needs her to be still for 5 minutes but it's explained more clearly in the novel.

3. ML has separate skills for actually changing the characteristics of something and just changing how it's displayed on appraisal. Guess it's a pointer vs variable thing.

4. The thing with the dwarf country is that they all live in a dungeon because they are too poor to live elsewhere now due to the elf monopoly. Only their best craftsman can live outside but they still work for dirtcheap and mostly for elves.

5. the dwarves themselves are impoverished, it's the king that's dispirited and that they were trying to inspire by showing their new crafts. They were going to go to the dwarf country and work with them in manufacturing hoping to build them up out of poverty a little. The plan isn't supposed to be that well thought out as it's just ideas they came up with while they were drinking but there isn't much else they can do anyway.

6. When he killed the guildmaster, it was just that the guildmaster deployed a barrier and thought it would stop the lightsaber, it did not...at all. This might just be a change rather than it being poorly displayed/explained.

7. On the matter of barriers, they investigate and experiment with not just their abilities but their tools too and found that an issue with barriers is that they instantly cancel eachother out with they collide. For the ones they made, there is also the issue that they have to recognize an attack and reject it or just reject anything that comes at them too hard. If they lax or caught off guard, it doesn't work.

8. for their abilities, their experiments eventually lead to the realization that the skills and skill seeds themselves don't really matter that much. It's effects are based on the holder's subconscious beliefs on how they should work. This is actually the opposite of op and convenient as they can't control their subconscious and experimenting to find the limits of your abilities implies that there are limits. The ML has actually been restraining is powers more and more by experimenting to figure out what they can and can't do as the act itself cast doubt on their omnipotence.

9. The reason he believes the dragon is their means of escape is because he saw that the demons, after they grabbed their comrades, were circling around the sword saints blindspot and trying to get back to the dragon rather than running. So, his thought process actually makes sense.

Well, that's all I can think off right now. The story was originally a lot more coherent, but the ML and FL spend a lot of time actively trying to figure things out and the manga cuts out a lot of those discussions.

Users who are viewing this thread