Isekai desu ga Mamono Saibai shiteimasu. - Vol. 4 Ch. 17.1 - The Remedy

Fed-Kun's army
More repeating text...
I know it's usual LH-style (if you can even call it that), but still...

Never thought one chapter could make me go from liking to disliking an MC.
I know it's a cultural difference, but I'd sooner poison someone for threatening my family than cure them.
This is pathetic, even if(when) he succeeds.
Now everyone can simply force him to do whatever at the risk of killing his friends. He just opened the door to Dora being Princess Peach.

Dex-chan lover
@Ringz
Do they ever release chapters without doing it? Is it intentional? Is it just a technique to skip translating difficult lines?

Group Leader
@Scynix he has no power to fight back though...
The solution would be to grow a powerful monster to defend his family and himself.

@Invader_Retro There's more than one way to fight beyond pure violence. He has capable allies and can literally grow an army. It would have made some level of sense if he was agreeing to buy time, but he basically just accepted the terms. Can you say you'd offer your friends life in a one way deal so easily?

Dota is tiny. I cannot belive any of the other monsters couldn't easily whisk her away. With more than five minutes of planning they could probably all just leave.

I think it bothers me more no one around him is all that disturbed by what is essentially a hostage ultimatum. Even if he cures the sister, he's moved hus entire country in the direction of being a regional threat. Even uninvolved countries would have to look at this and be concerned.

Nevermind the damn seed of life. The king has demonstrated he's not rational yet somehow they still think they can reasonably acquire it.

Group Leader
@Scynix The others around him sure that part is weird, however he is being watched and can't do anything.
Plus the army he would need to create wouldn't go unnoticed either...

Dex-chan lover
bah.... stupid mc, just say something like if you do that, I will make a plague that make you and your sister be in an excruciating pain that you will wish for death for the rest of your life.

Dex-chan lover
There is not much, that MC can do. The emperor is effectively blackmailing him. I do believe he does it for his sister and I do believe he is going to let them go in the end, but he is still an extortionist and you don't truly believe anything they say and you tell them anything they need to hear. The wisest course of action is, MC should try to earnestly create a cure, but also prepare for a sudden departure just in case. And should that Hero set him free after he cured his sister, he should go. Take that world tree seed. No vengeance. Just go. And never return. Ever! That nation is not an ally. And should they ever cross paths again, MC should better be prepared. And that Emperor better, too.

@boag Your avatar is from Tanaka and you literally used "kill" to replace an entire paragraph that emphasizes there are ways to fight that don't involve pure violence.

I think you might be confused about age groups or you have some unheard form of dyslexia.

@Qelix It makes zero sense to threaten violence in exchange for healing. You need the healing to work. Blackmail does nothing to encourage effort. Contextually, the MC has developed enough of a reputation for foreign nations to know who he is yet somehow managed to skipover the fact most of his 'party' consist of the very 'monsters' he's threatening. It's a massive plot hole. It's a lot more boring of a plot device which I freely admit but if the king had simply asked for help and took into consideration both the MC has his own need and his obvious reputation there was no need for the blackmail. If anything he is actively endangering his sister by giving the opposition a reason to not want to help.

Also, the mc has to trust the king to keep his word. Even if the mc succeeds the king could easily insist he still needs dora to completely guarantee his sisters well being.

I mean come on! The cooking hero known world over is traveling with him and somehow the king thinks he has to be threatened to help?!?

Dex-chan lover
In his position I would grow a demon that would passa s a cure and kill his sister with a two days delay or something.
Rather I would be going on about killing him as fast as possible....

Dex-chan lover
The threat would have ensured that, if our main had any sense, he would have been dividing his time between developing a monster that could be a cure and other monster that could give a hero enough of a beating to let the main escape.

OMG now they have done it threating to use dora-chan hoooweee if there is not A RIVER OF BLOOD BY THE END OF THIS ARC I WILL BE PISSED OFF!!! ;V

Double-page supporter
>not creating an army of demons to take over the world and keep your waifus safe
This MC is a pussy.

Fed-Kun's army
@Scynix All it s logical until strong feelings re involved. Reasoning blurried by feelings. As a bystander we can for sure, think about the right and wrong way to make a plea for help , but like i say, feelings.

A desperate man has no need to justify his ways on saving his beloved sister life, i see it like that and so the MC (him being Naive or Clever and Comprehensive, dunno).
It s not a plothole, just the way the Emperor is.

Each character it is own persona, i like to thing that by their mistakes or unique reasoning (feelings involved), makes them alive.

Users who are viewing this thread