Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Ch. 88 - The Man Who Came From Across a Distant Sea

Dex-chan lover
Mmmm I remember going to japan and having beef bowls with raw egg over there.... so delicious...

Dex-chan lover
leave things like tatsutaage alone
localize toriaezu nama / itadakimasu

That's certainly some...unusual choices.
thank you so much for picking it up

and here i thought that the old man would straight up asking about the "back door"

His 'portal' was a door to one of those storage side building, so he isn't aware Nobu backdoor is their portal.

And he could no longer use his since over a decade ago.

The reason he could no longer use the portal is actually that his daughter inherited his portal usage and actually has been occasionally sneaking into Japan herself.
(don't worry, he can use Nobu's to go back home, he'll be back tho since he got family here n all)

However right after Yoda left for his journey...she could suddenly no longer use the portal either....cough

Double-page supporter
fricking onion ninjas... WHERE THEY AT?!? started tearing up when he was eating the egg on rice

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the update!!! I really really like this manga and I am so happy to see this manga gets an update!!!!

So curious to see the backstory of the man although I have read the spoilers.

Btw I have eaten tamago kake gohan before and it makes me realize that I am not able to stand raw white egg at all. Raw yellow egg is perfectly fine. But white egg… I am so disappointed when I eat it…

Fed-Kun's army
Its such a coincidence I was thinking of rereading this and was sad there hasn't been an update in a while. Thank you so much for picking this up!

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking it up.
We've had 87 chapters of "toriaezu nama", so changing it now is kinda annoying.
'Whatsontapp' doesn't really make any sense either - it's not a common English phrase when referring to what specific drink you want to have; it's closer to a question you'd ask to find out what's available to assist your decision when choosing which type of drink to have.
Just my $0.02.
But mainly, good to see the series back again. Thanks :clap:

Dex-chan lover
tahnks for picking this up! any chance you could go back and do chapters 73 and 74? those are still missing, it sucks :meguuusad:

Dex-chan lover
Thank you so very much.

Not-Worthy.gif

But for God's sake, stop using "Whatsontap".

Thank you for updating this!! It's one of my favourites, and for it to update after nearly a year 🥹

Fed-Kun's army
Hey, it's alive! I wonder if that other izakaya, "Gen", would follow soon.

Not really gonna defend their choice of using "whatsontap", but in this case it works because of the context. That's just about how they could imply that the person saying it is a local, or someone from Japan.

Any Japanese knows that "toriaezu nama" is a phrase that would roughly mean "i'll have draft beer", and not a type of drink that one orders specifically. The locals just kept using the phrase thinking it meant as such, that it became a noun. The two recognized right away when the man used "toriaezu nama" in the right context, while it took the others a while until he mentioned "beer".

Sure enough, TL notes at the credits page confirms this.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for translating! Really do appreciate it!

But please, follow the translation style of the previous chapters. Not everything needs to be localized, and it was just jarring to see the beer called that. Just my opinion, but it was super distracting...

Good job, either way. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread