Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Ch. 89 - A Bottle of Soy Sauce

Dex-chan lover
soooo still no statement on chapter 73 and 74? at least give a clear answer whether or not you'll be going back for those or not

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the quick update! I wonder what happen to him. But with this manga, I think it wouldn't be anything too serious

Dex-chan lover
Man, I'd be more than furious if I were him.

That's unforgivable, regardless of whether that person is the love of your life. Destroying the only way back to your homeland, depriving you of reuniting with your loved ones and family, imagine the parents' sadness at not knowing their son's whereabouts, and carrying that sadness until death. This woman was cruel and selfish as hell.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Man, I'd be more than furious if I were him.

That's unforgivable, regardless of whether that person is the love of your life. Destroying the only way back to your homeland, depriving you of reuniting with your loved ones and family, imagine the parents' sadness at not knowing their son's whereabouts, and carrying that sadness until death. This woman was cruel and selfish as hell.
I would have told her flat out
"I would not have abandoned you. This too is my home. But your fear has now forever cut me off from mine. In time, I will forgive you. I pray that you can do the same for yourself"

Contributor
soooo still no statement on chapter 73 and 74? at least give a clear answer whether or not you'll be going back for those or not
As mentioned by others already, VoidScans has already translated chapters 73 and 74, they just never uploaded them to MangaDex. You can find them on aggregator sites, or contact VoidScans to see if they would upload the chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I think as much as he didn't want to, he held on to some resentment... his agency was taken from him and was made a prisoner even though he was happy beforehand. He might come back, but it'll be his decision

Aggregator gang
Oh no…I wonder what happened

thank you so much for the scanlation of this series 🙏🏼

Contributor
I bet it's just that his parents aren't dead yet. He looks old, but I mean... late 50's, 60's maybe.

Dex-chan lover
Here to break the suspense for people who don't want to wait:
He's fine, he took a few days to visit the grave/shop for souvenirs.
Tho then when he tried to return he was lost, unable to find Nobu store until a certain fox guided his way back (thanks to Eva praying to the small shrine on this side)

In the meantime his son-in-law came looking for him and recognized the "no" hiragana on the signboard.
Though before the SIL could ask Nobu group about Yoda the man returned proper.

Then after they close up shop everyone finally can talk.
SIL's reason for coming is...actually to apologize to Yoda.

In truth, his daughter HAS BEEN GOING TO JAPAN through the burnt down ruins.
They also had him and mom tried, but only the daughter could go through it.
The three discussed and chose to keep quiet about this since they don't want to stress Yoda out.

After the long confession of that secret...Yoda reply was basically "I kinda expected it"
And he explains his hypothesis that the path were actually the so-called "Spirited Away" (kamikakushi)

In his hometown there's legends about people disappearing, but the rare few who return are all children.
So his hypothesis is that his "path" is something get passed down when you conceive a child.

Which is to say even without his wife burning the building down, Yoda would've been unable to return at that time since his daughter already inherited the entry right to the 'path'

Then Yoda ask his SIL "so instead of sending you all the way here, why didn't my daughter just use the path to meet me in Japan?"
SIL "Well, that's the thing, right after you left she tried but she couldn't go through the path anymore"
Everyone got the implication right away.

Dex-chan lover
As mentioned by others already, VoidScans has already translated chapters 73 and 74, they just never uploaded them to MangaDex. You can find them on aggregator sites, or contact VoidScans to see if they would upload the chapters.
i see. thanks for info to you and the other guys.

Fed-Kun's army
Here to break the suspense for people who don't want to wait:
He's fine, he took a few days to visit the grave/shop for souvenirs.
Tho then when he tried to return he was lost, unable to find Nobu store until a certain fox guided his way back (thanks to Eva praying to the small shrine on this side)

In the meantime his son-in-law came looking for him and recognized the "no" hiragana on the signboard.
Though before the SIL could ask Nobu group about Yoda the man returned proper.

Then after they close up shop everyone finally can talk.
SIL's reason for coming is...actually to apologize to Yoda.

In truth, his daughter HAS BEEN GOING TO JAPAN through the burnt down ruins.
They also had him and mom tried, but only the daughter could go through it.
The three discussed and chose to keep quiet about this since they don't want to stress Yoda out.

After the long confession of that secret...Yoda reply was basically "I kinda expected it"
And he explains his hypothesis that the path were actually the so-called "Spirited Away" (kamikakushi)

In his hometown there's legends about people disappearing, but the rare few who return are all children.
So his hypothesis is that his "path" is something get passed down when you conceive a child.

Which is to say even without his wife burning the building down, Yoda would've been unable to return at that time since his daughter already inherited the entry right to the 'path'

Then Yoda ask his SIL "so instead of sending you all the way here, why didn't my daughter just use the path to meet me in Japan?"
SIL "Well, that's the thing, right after you left she tried but she couldn't go through the path anymore"
Everyone got the implication right away.
I'm sorry i'm a little bit on the dumb side but what is that last part?

Users who are viewing this thread