Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Ch. 95 - An Inn Attendant's First Love

Dex-chan lover
Ah, yes, it's easy to forget that this fantasy setting has uh.
Some medieval views on what counts as incest and how old you need to be to marry.

Dex-chan lover
Wow so shes into them being a fake incestous relationship?? At least they’re not actually related and are cute together
Thabks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
I know it is a misunderstanding played for laughs. And in all likelihood it will get fixed later, but call it current climate, it somewhat pulled the chapter a bit down for me.
Again we have to consider the setting, we previously had children getting married in the series. Still poor guy got his heart crushed in a misunderstanding.

Dex-chan lover
They are on the cover, right? They look a bit different.

Cmiiw but in Japan I think cousin can get married even now.
Cousins can get married most places, it doesn't actually matter much genetically and if it weren't allowed then in many smaller communities nobody would ever be able to get married (particularly back in the sort of era when this was set).

Dex-chan lover
Cousins can get married most places, it doesn't actually matter much genetically and if it weren't allowed then in many smaller communities nobody would ever be able to get married (particularly back in the sort of era when this was set).
Yeah just saying that because I often see people complaining about cousin getting married in manga when it actually still happen even now

Contributor
I know it’s fictional but why do so many writers focus on incest
Marrying first cousins is legal in Japan. As for the more closing related pairings, fetish bait.

Hell, Tenchi Muyo is incest pairings all the way down due to the Jurai Royal family being tree people descended from gods, and Mihoshi is Washu's (also a god and big sister to the tree people's god) great-great granddaughter.

Dex-chan lover
First cousins getting married is legal in Japan, though IMO that's risky in terms of genetic issues for the kids.

2nd Cousins is far enough removed to not have that issue.

This here is a chart explaining different levels of "cousins"
https://www.dumville.org/trees/cousins_tre.html

Basically it's how many generations back you're related minus one.

Dex-chan lover
Even if it were incest, pretty sure they would have been fine with the settings. Tho they are actually close cousins. But again, it really doesn't matter anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread