Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Vol. 14 Ch. 84 - Lenses, Ham Katsu, and the Stars in the Sky

Thank you for the upload of one of my fave manga, !!!! the TN was a cute story too!
I'm glad you picked up the series I have been missing it in my life for a while... now someone just needs to TL "Gen" and I can live life to the fullest

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

I can't personally relate to the anecdote you provided—my parents enrolled me in cooking classes at age 5—but I completely understand how a lot of youths in the current era don't know how to cook, so I can totally see how your childhood love for ham katsu translated into you learning a life skill that a lot of contemporary people just don't have.

I kinda want to try making ham katsu except with specks just to spite a certain italian friend.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation! once again your tl note is the highlight of your work lmfao it's always fun when translators ramble like that because you can feel the passion for their work

Dex-chan lover
he hasnt make a microsope right? he would be so surprised if he was

btw i'm glad the japanese doesnt say anything about science etc, they just selling food. of course it's great if it were, but leave it for another genre, like building sims or typical isekai. selling food is selling food, no need to overcomplicate it

Double-page supporter
To work in your family's restaurant?
I occasionally step in to help, though it's mostly as a waiter. I do hop in the kitchen from time to time for prep though.

I'd say my knife skills are far better than my actual cooking skills though. I'm the eater, not the maker.

Double-page supporter
he hasnt make a microsope right? he would be so surprised if he was

btw i'm glad the japanese doesnt say anything about science etc, they just selling food. of course it's great if it were, but leave it for another genre, like building sims or typical isekai. selling food is selling food, no need to overcomplicate it
I hope they don't bring science up. I'm an idiot so I'll just spend days looking up science terms and concepts.

Tomas is more of an astronomy guy, so I'm assuming microscopes won't be showing up anytime soon.

I'm actually experiencing flashbacks to high school biology class now... I hate it.

Dex-chan lover
I occasionally step in to help, though it's mostly as a waiter. I do hop in the kitchen from time to time for prep though.

I'd say my knife skills are far better than my actual cooking skills though. I'm the eater, not the maker.
Prep is the heart and soul of a commercial kitchen the same way the dishwashers are the backbone, though, so I'm sure your family appreciates it greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread