Isekai Kenja no Tensei Musou: Game no Chishiki de Isekai Saikyou - Vol. 3 Ch. 14 - I gave away the credit

Dex-chan lover
Why do they keep calling Eldo a Novice when they know he's a Sage? Is the author trying to pretend they don't know? Is it Broken Balance Online or Inconsistent Balance Online, huh?

Aggregator gang
Why do they keep calling Eldo a Novice when they know he's a Sage? Is the author trying to pretend they don't know? Is it Broken Balance Online or Inconsistent Balance Online, huh?
Officially he's a novice...sage is an unknown so they use novice as the standard. What else would they use? Wizard? They don't have any idea how that compares to sage.

Aggregator gang
This has been pretty damn good. A lot of your usual tropes, but a good bit of originality as well. I love that the game mechanics are demonstrated instead of being info dumped.

Dex-chan lover
Officially he's a novice...sage is an unknown so they use novice as the standard. What else would they use? Wizard? They don't have any idea how that compares to sage.
They would use sage. So what if it's previously unknown? He can be the first.

Aggregator gang
They would use sage. So what if it's previously unknown? He can be the first.
Classes of his level are barely recognized as it is. It's unreasonable for him to appeal to anyone to recognize this new class when their current system has been set in stone by the pope or whatever his title was. People who want the system to be different can't change it, even if they're guild masters. He also avoids being officially recognized as a sage such as when he refuses to touch the job crystal. The existence of a new class outside of the current system would be reported to the one who created the current system. He doesn't want that attention when he has had suspicions about the nature of the current system.

I normally don't like the whole "don't want to stand out" thing but I can at least understand it. This guy hasn't really explained why, I guess it's a bother? Problem is by making the girl take the achievment he's putting a lot on her shoulders. Letting her take the credit for some strong beast is one thing but an S-rank raid boss that's well above her abilities, it's actually a real selfish dick move. Imagine the expectations others are going to have for her. What happens next time an S-rank shows up and they expect her to fight it. Not to mention making someone lie for him repeatedly even though they clearly don't want to. Thought he was pretty plain before, now I lost a lot of respect for him. The Japanese humble at all costs trope in detrimental overdrive.

Dex-chan lover
And now, her noble title is forever tainted, because she gave in to his cowardice with her own.
A true nobleman is unable to lie about their own accomplishments, while cowards frequently lie about them; that is the chief difference between true nobility and "nouveau riche," honestly.

This is such a good series, so I guess takes place with different standards... I guess... ¯\(ツ)

Double-page supporter
Well, he's still registered as "Novice" in their system.

And now, her noble title is forever tainted, because she gave in to his cowardice with her own.
A true nobleman is unable to lie about their own accomplishments, while cowards frequently lie about them; that is the chief difference between true nobility and "nouveau riche," honestly.

This is such a good series, so I guess takes place with different standards... I guess... ¯\(ツ)
That's in the eye of the beholder.
The girl herself did defend the whole town against all those monster alone. That is enough to at least get her a Knight title.

Dex-chan lover
That's in the eye of the beholder.
The girl herself did defend the whole town against all those monster alone. That is enough to at least get her a Knight title.
And Bravo for her doing so!
The in-universe thinking about her doing that? I heartily approve!

But.
But, but, but... she's a fallen noble, and striving to get her family title back; how does lying about her achievements do that when she is supposed to be "honorable?"
Cos I really think it doesn't; lying is generally the antithesis of honesty (and "honesty" is the act of "honor").

Users who are viewing this thread