Isekai Meikyuu no Saishinbu o Mezasou - Ch. 23 - How to Learn Magic

Ragne has always looked like that since the beginning. You can see Ragne's design from the author here (she's the 2nd from the right).

As for the person in the picture, I believe she's Agnes from the IF "Guardian Route", where MC and the girls infiltrate the academy for information. In the image, there are two long black-haired girls, one of which is the MC when he is still a man (one with a scarf) and the other when he becomes a girl for real. This arc is pure comedy, actually.
Thanks for the info and pic. There's quite a lack of LN illustrations floating around and the name having common terms isn't helping. Sadly, Ragne just wasn't in any LN cover but I do see one LN illustration that looks like her now but I just didn't realize it was her. There's a lot with the same short hair and the wild look didn't fit her style...but when you think about it, it does kind of work in a meta way in surprising people including the reader.

Also, I haven't reached up to that IF arc yet but I did read the artist note on the danbooru version that said it was Agnes. I thought it was just a typo or MTL error and not an actual new character for bonus comedy arc. Or maybe that's her disguise name and clothes there? I really can't stop imagining Ragne as Suisei though since she had such a perfect Suicopath moment.

Thanks for the info and pic. There's quite a lack of LN illustrations floating around and the name having common terms isn't helping. Sadly, Ragne just wasn't in any LN cover but I do see one LN illustration that looks like her now but I just didn't realize it was her. There's a lot with the same short hair and the wild look didn't fit her style...but when you think about it, it does kind of work in a meta way in surprising people including the reader.

Also, I haven't reached up to that IF arc yet but I did read the artist note on the danbooru version that said it was Agnes. I thought it was just a typo or MTL error and not an actual new character for bonus comedy arc. Or maybe that's her disguise name and clothes there? I really can't stop imagining Ragne as Suisei though since she had such a perfect Suicopath moment.
Actually, there's an illustration of her on the cover of LN vol.15 here.

From the pic, you can see the similarity between her and Maria. As everybody who's reading the light novel knows, Maria wore a blindfold at that point of the story. However, for a newcomer, it can look like a cover with the MC and Maria, which can be surprising, as you mentioned.

The IF arc is optional. If you've reached chapter 7, you can read the first part of it without worrying about spoilers and enjoy the story more. The Guardian Route is more heartwarming and comedic than the main story, which can help you relax after reading it.

Edit: I just found someone who uploaded illustrations from volume 15 and 16. There are some pictures of Ragne being Suichopath(?) there.

Last edited:
Actually, there's an illustration of her on the cover of LN vol.15 here.

From the pic, you can see the similarity between her and Maria. As everybody who's reading the light novel knows, Maria wore a blindfold at that point of the story. However, for a newcomer, it can look like a cover with the MC and Maria, which can be surprising, as you mentioned.

The IF arc is optional. If you've reached chapter 7, you can read the first part of it without worrying about spoilers and enjoy the story more. The Guardian Route is more heartwarming and comedic than the main story, which can help you relax after reading it.

Edit: I just found someone who uploaded illustrations from volume 15 and 16. There are some pictures of Ragne being Suichopath(?) there.
OHHH! MUCH THANKS! I've only relied on over-lap/amazon for preview of LN covers and a single pic.

You're right, good point on the LN vol. 15 cover actually being Ragne. I've only been reading google translate of the webnovel so I didn't know if the LN changed anything.
I brushed off the lack of blindfold as artistic liberty just for the cover. I also got thrown off by all the red color and the goal of the team in that arc which was reuniting with Maria. I mistakenly thought maybe the LN just added more details to make Maria the featured girl of the volume instead. I also thought they might've chosen to hide Ragne's big role in the latest 2 volumes by not putting her on the cover.
The same thing happened with LN vol. 7 where I thought the cover girl was a stylized Dia.
or rather Sith. But it was actually Weiss/Heili.
Heck, the LN vol. 16 cover might trick a lot of people too.
into thinking that there's going to be a sudden happy wedding end/flashback. And those who haven't read LN vol. 13 might think that the girl is Nosfie who was the only braided character up until Lastiara changed her hairstyle. Nosfie was also technically married to Kanami anyway. I just love all the plot twists, foreshadowing and red herrings the series has that can make vague spoilers apply to multiple things.

Also, Suicopath (Suisei + Psychopath) is a meme nickname for Hoshimachi Suisei, a multi-talented/skilled Vtuber,idol,musician,gamer,etc. It started in a game similar to Among Us called Project Winter.
In one round, Suisei went on a massacre as the traitor. She also dressed up as the corpse of her victim's lover right in front of her then slowly finished her off as she begged for mercy. She even cooked and ate a victim's heart technically in front of people.
She has quite a few similarities with Ragne.
This is the last warning to others for major spoilers! I'll try to be a bit vague and misleading to make it a teaser instead but read at your own risk!
Suisei's motif is a comet, and Ragne became the thief of the reason of the stars. Ragne crashed into the cathedral like a shooting star and ruthlessly caused a massacre similar to Suisei as I mentioned above. Suisei is always on the grind for her career and a multi-talented/skilled hard worker while Ragne has universal affinity with the thieves of reason and was always aiming for the top of the world. Although temporarily and as a side benefit, Ragne did kill a destroyer of their world and save 2 princesses/saintesses which reminded me of Suisei's lyrics in Stellar Stellar (2 versions). She is not the Cinderella who waits forever but the prince who goes and get things done, just like the shooting star she has become.

Dex-chan lover
Alti: "It's just a coincidence."
Fran: "Alti told me."

Not the right move if he actually wanted her to not misunderstand. Again.

I like how it's not the MC who's completely out of touch with how normal people see magic. For once.

She always says he's too soft, but she's just as soft to him.

I like the characters here. They've got good dynamics.

Dex-chan lover
That explain why Sig improving exponentially during battle with Tida.

Users who are viewing this thread