Isekai no Binbou Nouka ni Tensei Shita Node, Renga wo Tsukutte Shiro wo Tateru Koto ni Shimashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 18.1

Dex-chan lover
wait but the most important thing about grain storage is dryness i can't even imagine all that melting ice over time the crazy dampness in that sealed room will be egypt was a power house of grain for 2 reasons the nile and the desert excelent dry warehouses and excelent nile fertility i mean if he put meat in it that would be fine..

Dex-chan lover
wait but the most important thing about grain storage is dryness i can't even imagine all that melting ice over time the crazy dampness in that sealed room will be egypt was a power house of grain for 2 reasons the nile and the desert excelent dry warehouses and excelent nile fertility i mean if he put meat in it that would be fine..
Yes, for grains its not the best, but the cooling method still works fine on other things like meat and vegetables.
And a cool damp room is still better then a warm damp room.

Dex-chan lover
Selling instead of renting it out is once again dumb as hell and not how you run this kind of place lol.

Supporter
Selling instead of renting it out is once again dumb as hell and not how you run this kind of place lol.
But it very much is, though. In fact, he should be giving it away for free, at least at first. Being nothing but empty plots of land or houses doesn't do much for him, he needs people to make it their homes and to work at improving both their own lot and the neighborhood, and they need to have a sense of ownership for that to happen. And no matter how attracting an offer it is, you always need incentives to convince people to uproot their current lives and place them somewhere else

Dex-chan lover
They didn't say anything about grain though, conceivably they are already able to store grain. This is just something to store other crops. That said sawdust is a terrible choice for covering the ice, he could have just built a loft area to put the ice in, and then a drainage system for when it melts. It's poorly thought out overall, like the author just wanted the mc to build an icehouse and didn't put any effort into the details.

Dex-chan lover
They didn't say anything about grain though, conceivably they are already able to store grain. This is just something to store other crops. That said sawdust is a terrible choice for covering the ice, he could have just built a loft area to put the ice in, and then a drainage system for when it melts. It's poorly thought out overall, like the author just wanted the mc to build an icehouse and didn't put any effort into the details.
Sawdust and straw were historically used as insulation in ice houses in the real world to stop the ice from melting too quickly. Which is great if you're storing ice to use in the summer months, not so good when you want that ice to cool down a space

Users who are viewing this thread