Isekai no Senshi toshite Kuni ni Manekareta kedo, Kotowatte Heishi kara Hajimeru Koto ni Shita

Thanks for translating. This has been fun to read.

I like OP and underpowered MC's sometimes. This one's just powerful enough to do what he believes is right. This manga has a more casual feel, but it's still meaningful, and surprisingly dark.

I like how MC helps his orc friend, and how orc is unexpectedly cute and strong. I also like how friendship is emerging as an important theme. Ending the terrible boss arc with a rescue closes an upsetting period on a high note and reinforces that theme.

If I'm pushed to offer a critique, the author's still hiding the ball. We've had secret power reveals in MC and his friends but we got a deus ex intervention when Wolfy NPC showed up early and now with Officer Pokey in the latest chapters. We're not sure how female lead scored a point or what author has chosen as the important power dynamic in this fictional world.

Is it really just, "FL called in a favor?" She dealt with a lot of sexual harassment that seemed destined for Weinstein territory; why didn't that rescue happen sooner? "FL was an undercover investigator?" It's not as bad as Seal Team 6 dropping in, but we're not in a better position now to see how MC can avoid getting overpowered in the future. There's no intelligible principle other than, "MC needed more powerful friends." Without more clues, it's still author's world; it's not ours, yet. That's frustrating. At least it's avoided going as dark as it could have - being dark and unintelligible feels like punishment.

All the characters are surprisingly decent. Except for the FL who seems a little on the bland side.

Group Leader
The story is currently fine, the mc isn't really op but that's mostly because of how we don't know what his powers actually are.

The first villain isn't written well at all either, instead of a villain he's more of a nuisance and that takes a huge hit on the story.

Bult best boy

Fed-Kun's army
Story seems okay, author has enough self-awareness for the isekai genre to attempt to subvert it, but his given MC an OP ability without clear limits, showing the author doesn't know how to entirely escape the tropes of the setting. You're just changed it from "MC is OP and cool things happen" to "MC is OP at a cost and cool things happen". Hopefully the author actually has the ability use have consequences.

@NotTriton
The first villain isn't written well at all either, instead of a villain he's more of a nuisance and that takes a huge hit on the story.
He's painfully generic, but expecting the first bad guy to be a villain completely misunderstands the story that's trying to be told. MC isn't a hero, he chose to be a military men, the first wall he's going to hit is his own superiors. It fits perfectly for the setting .

Can't really like the ones where the powers are barely explained or overexplained (like Isekai Meikyuu de Harem wo, that is only watched for the ecchi)

Anyways, is still soon to judge but it already has cliché troupes and bland/plain mc

Fed-Kun's army
As of now, the story is not really my taste. maybe it's because of the MC, I'm interested in the premise but right now this is just another generic isekai.

I'm surprised this has the same author as the shield hero. which makes me wonder is this because the manga fails to adapt to the light novel. or the author really makes a huge mistake in the story.

Story is a mess. Nothing interesting in this. Characters are boring as well. Art is decent tho. This is not worth my time.

I don't why people here bashing this story, but it's quite good. The pacing is quite slow, but the built up is quite good. You can see the trait of shield hero here and there.

Fed-Kun's army
So good omg I want more updates. Story super solid. Worldbuilding still a little lacking, but it’s certainly introducing neat features, mostly character focused so far with some basic exposition. I really like the characters. All in all very solid read.

Users who are viewing this thread