Isekai Shachuuhaku Monogatari: Outrunner PHEV - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - My Problems Are My Fault

Dex-chan lover
It's a bit weird how heavy this series is leaning into dysfunction and personal issues right from the start... Two chapters in and I don't really know what to make of the MC, but he isn't really endearing himself to me.

If anything this is making me long for someone to pick up the manga about the isekai-ed gal and her magic RV.

Dex-chan lover
This dude clearly has issues, but he's working through them. The whole story is that. He has a real heart to heart with the catgirl here, and they understand each other, and he finds value in something he didn't before. He does an act of self-sacrifice and bravery here, when last chapter he only acted out of self-preservation.

It's good to have different stories people

Dex-chan lover
...Unless he gains similar ability to Kazuhiro from Welcome to Japan, Ms. Elf! to hop between worlds, how the heck does he plan to buy all that stuff in his list?

i'm really enjoying this, if only because it's exploring actual themes and having deeper thoughts than "what other wishes can i fulfill?". It might be diving into them a bit too early, but doing it so early is kinda necessary in a genre so inundated with generic go-nowhere-means-nothing stories; setting yourself apart early is important when you have so little room to breathe.
feels really strange to see people immediately turn their heads to an opener i'm finding so much more compelling than a lot of it's peers.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really liking this and the close look into the mc's personal problems and his innability to deal with it, I can only imagine só many people hating on this because they feel it's too real and prefer to not think about their own lives when escaping into Manga, something something hating seeing your own reflection.

Dex-chan lover
I'm really liking this and the close look into the mc's personal problems and his innability to deal with it, I can only imagine só many people hating on this because they feel it's too real and prefer to not think about their own lives when escaping into Manga, something something hating seeing your own reflection.
I hate him because people like him made my life suffer.

Users who are viewing this thread