Isekai Ten'i Shita node Cheat o Ikashite Mahou Kenshi Yaru Koto ni Suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

Love how they don't at all question the fact that he "remembers" item box, but literally nothing else. Sure is convenient.

Group Leader
Elf Maids?
Ah, so the author is a man(?) of culture as well.

Aggregator gang
i see he is a man of culture.... XD, in that situation i would kneel and pray lol

Group Leader
I think it would have been better to be mistaken as a noble. Seeing the gatekeeper reaction it would have made things easier for him if people thought he was a noble.

Also good thing he didn’t hide his combat skills. I don’t want to read another Death March story where the MC pretends that he’s weak AF while he’s OP.

Dex-chan lover
Ha! I bet that's a brothel disguised as a restaurant.
And the menu contains erofu photos to choose instead of dishes.

Dex-chan lover
@ShionSinX "Oh, hey, it's a completely foreign currency that I only have a basic understanding of; by converting it to something I'm familiar with, I can get a good idea of what things are worth!" - Anyone dealing with a foreign currency ever. Seriously not that hard to understand.

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius the problem with that logic is that that worlds economy IS NOT VALID FOR YEN. Knowing the living costs and average income are the right way to understand another world's economy, not simply 'convert to yen, problem solved'. It would only ever matter if he could exchange yen to that world's coin, which isnt the case.

Dex-chan lover
@ShionSinX Knowing the cost of living and average income are worth nothing if you don't have a frame of reference, which is what converting it to yen does for these characters. You can tell me all day that someone in Egypt makes 400 pounds an hour and that a loaf of bread costs 31.60 and none of it will mean a damn thing to me because I have no frame of reference to judge it on; for all I know, that's incredibly cheap or incredibly expensive.

Now, if you then tell me that 400 pounds is equal to about 25$ US and that 31.60 pounds is 2$ even, I'll get a much better understanding of what the cost of living there is and if, like with many isekai, you tell me that one copper/iron/bronze coin is worth about 1$ US (or roughly 100 yen) and that the currency operates on a base ten system, I know roughly what things will cost at a glance and whether something is cheap or expensive, because I have a frame of reference.

Dex-chan lover
@Vincentius no, knowing that one copper coin is worth about 1 USD/100 Yen will not give any information at how much something roughly costs, at all. One copper could buy a bread or a house for all you know. It only helps to compare how much something costs compared to our world's prices, which isnt handy at all when you are not traveling back and forth to another world (some isekais do that, and THEN its useful).

By trying to convert to a coin you know you will only add more steps when you try to buy something. "Oh one copper is 100 yen, so this bread is 100 yen" makes no sense at all when you should go straight to "a bread is one copper".

Users who are viewing this thread