It Was Love at First Sight, Mr. Villain! - Ch. 16

Meo

Double-page supporter
Him not being able to stand the smell of blood is going to be why she thinks he poisoned/strangled the victims.

But reciting what I heard from TV, statistically women are more likely to use poison.

Double-page supporter
We know Duke Adler seems to be a bit of a homebody and doesn't go out much, and most likely could not have done them given they said this chapter that his Step-mom and sister always take the carriages on standby so he can't go out on short notice, also seems like he is being framed given all the people killed just mildly annoyed him and he has like not real motive to kill them but MC is kinda dumb

Dex-chan lover
We know Duke Adler seems to be a bit of a homebody and doesn't go out much, and most likely could not have done them given they said this chapter that his Step-mom and sister always take the carriages on standby so he can't go out on short notice, also seems like he is being framed given all the people killed just mildly annoyed him and he has like not real motive to kill them but MC is kinda dumb
I hate to say it but I agree. She’s a prosecutor for god’s sake, she should know that just because he’s a “suspect” doesn’t automatically mean he’s “guilty”. I dunno if it’s the same in the South Korean justice system, but usually you’re innocent until proven guilty. The fact that hasn’t even considered that he might be innocent until now is just…ugh… :facepalm:

Dex-chan lover
I hate to say it but I agree. She’s a prosecutor for god’s sake, she should know that just because he’s a “suspect” doesn’t automatically mean he’s “guilty”. I dunno if it’s the same in the South Korean justice system, but usually you’re innocent until proven guilty. The fact that hasn’t even considered that he might be innocent until now is just…ugh… :facepalm:
Unfortunately this is one of these cases where the author is trying to write a smart character but it just comes off as them pretending to be smart because they are at the whims of the author :/

Double-page supporter
"Innocent until proven guilty" is a very British common law and Western civil law. If Korea is anything like Japan as they both are socially Confucian, Korea even more so than Japan, it may very well be "Guilty until proven innocent" and MC is heavily biased due to her societal norms compared to Western norms. But the Author isn't playing into that at all and is like "look how smart she is" when she's acting like a dumbass

Users who are viewing this thread