Itsudemo Jitaku Ni Kaereru Ore Wa, Isekai De Gyoushounin O Hajimemashita - Ch. 46

Dex-chan lover
Google and youtube don’t provide you with capital, a workforce, material suppliers nor the facilities to create - at best, subpar products.
Man, he can convert money. You can get capital in a lot of ways. In Rise of the Bookworm, for example, she made paper in a year (handmade from scratch) and the merchant invested in the production. And here he can just bring in the finished product. Why would he go into the trade in the first place? There are far more valuable commodities than matches. And that's not to mention medicine or any revolutionary discoveries.

Dex-chan lover
Man, he can convert money. You can get capital in a lot of ways. In Rise of the Bookworm, for example, she made paper in a year (handmade from scratch) and the merchant invested in the production. And here he can just bring in the finished product. Why would he go into the trade in the first place? There are far more valuable commodities than matches. And that's not to mention medicine or any revolutionary discoveries.
Yeah, medicine killed any kind of point you were trying to get at. Killing hundreds of people pretending you’re competent in the pharmaceutical industry is not the way.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, medicine killed any kind of point you were trying to get at. Killing hundreds of people pretending you’re competent in the pharmaceutical industry is not the way.
Yeah, not like over-the-counter medicine exists, you totally need to be a pharmacist for every single form of medicine.
Oh wait...

Dex-chan lover
Can't wait for the scene were the smug aristocrats and bigoted merchants realise they misjudged our MC and missed out on making some serious dosh.

Thanks to everyone at Haikai Scans for the translation
inb4 the merchants harass him more/give him shit for selling without a proper 'license' or so (but hopefully they know better to irritate a noble lady /stand between women and their beauty products lol [he needs to bring those cheaper korean sheet masks as a way to advertise to the more 'common' ladies lol, that said wonder if they have instructions to only do it like every 3-4 days so ppl don't wash out the oils daily since i know even with shampoo unless you have super greasy hair naturally a daily shampoo might be too much])

Thanks for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
You've got things backwards. It's not just a matter of throwing currency, blueprints, and formulas at some crafters amd boom industry is born. Our IRL modern industries have been built up over the last few hundred years. And even those were built upon the technology and knowledge over thousands of year of advancement.

Not only that, but it takes multiple industries to support our modern conveniences. From growers, miners and ranchers, to refineries and chemical processing plants, to manufacturing companies and factories, and the logistical transportation fleets that tie them all together.

tl:dr
It takes hundreds of people in tens of locations that makes it possible for your toothpaste to appear on your store shelves. One man with a little bit of knowledge cannot reproduce that in just one lifetime.

Dex-chan lover
This totally doesn't feel like a revive-the-guild plot.

The fake mustache gag works better if you don't reveal it before the joke.

Regardless of age, he sure was a fan of excessive collars.

What's with those awkward introduction poses? She looks younger, though. But her hair is in different styles between pages. The position of he twin tails vary.

Would be nice if that semi-transparent cloth was actually drawn on the page.

Talking about proper ladies, and then goes and touches her hair.

Why hit him when asking him for something?

The best weapon against stupidity is beauty apparently… I’m not sure what lesson I’m supposed to take from this :p
I don't think the writing is of the quality where you should be thinking of learning lessons from it.

Dex-chan lover
Patents require that there is a patent system in place, that is more modern concept, so can not reasonable assumed unless the author directly mentions it.

Industries require capital and resources which he does not have, and will not easily acquire in a medieval world where the nobles will try and take anything for themselves.

They will have servants do the shopping.
plus soap already exists lol but even so i think he'd have no issues with money even without licensing some 'inventions' or whatever

Dex-chan lover
The best weapon against stupidity is beauty apparently… I’m not sure what lesson I’m supposed to take from this :p
given how much modern day 'average' ppl spend on 'skincare' products i bet he'd make a killing selling moisturizer to nobles lol. maybe he can get his grandma to 'enhance' the average japanese knicknacks he'd buy from a convenience store or so to make it even more effective/valuable

Dex-chan lover
(what if) Plot twist Aina actually the princess 🗿
we know her parents tho i'm sure the mayor could pull some strings for her to get a higher position some day lol tho nothing wrong with living a humble life style, maybe the mom will run the shop back in ninorich if MC opens up more shops in all the 'big name' cities

Dex-chan lover
You've got things backwards. It's not just a matter of throwing currency, blueprints, and formulas at some crafters amd boom industry is born. Our IRL modern industries have been built up over the last few hundred years. And even those were built upon the technology and knowledge over thousands of year of advancement.

Not only that, but it takes multiple industries to support our modern conveniences. From growers, miners and ranchers, to refineries and chemical processing plants, to manufacturing companies and factories, and the logistical transportation fleets that tie them all together.

tl:dr
It takes hundreds of people in tens of locations that makes it possible for your toothpaste to appear on your store shelves. One man with a little bit of knowledge cannot reproduce that in just one lifetime.
other than making a profit and just wanting to work with this capital's guilds and stuff it's not as if he's aiming to be like 'world's best merchant' right? I assume he still has a lot of money from the festival or so and is just working because he has the chance/opportunity versus just lazing around/enjoying some 'luxuries' til he needs to restock again lol but it would be cool to see him introduce some 'new' stuff that hasn't been sold yet (he should go to those candy stores where they sell it by weight and resell the individual ones for like 4x the profit 8D)

He could start industries, patent technology. But he still just sells matches and soap..... The plot doesn't make sense.
In addition to the issues that others have pointed out, there's a lot to setting up industrialized manufacturing beyond having just a bare-bones understanding of the process—even leaving aside the fact that the bare-bones understanding he could get from YouTube and Wikipedia likely wouldn't be sufficient—For example, logistics is another major factor and something he's unlikely to have much skill in.

There's also the issue of all the modern, technological, components that modern industrial process rely on. For example, any process that relies on automation (almost all of them) or precise measurements (many of them) is going to require tools that incorporate a lot of electronics and integrated circuits, which he'd have to buy from the modern world. Sure, he could theoretically amass enough wealth in the fantasy world to pay for them but A) that's going to take a long time and B) by the time he accomplishes that he'll already be making enough money via other methods that he wouldn't need to go into manufacturing any more.

Some of those things might be worth more in the fantasy world, but they also cost a lot more in the modern world (or they take a lot more effort to get up and running). The matches and other cheap goods he's, effectively, drop shipping cost him very little but earn him a lot, so he already has really good margins and it's questionable that he'd actually get better margins with the more expensive goods. (The way people value things is linear and they don't have unlimited disposable income to throw at him, meaning the costs of more valuable goods from the modern world are likely to grow faster than the profits from selling them, shrinking his margins in the process).

I'd also question the idea that modern medicine, especially anything that's over the counter, actually beats what the fantasy world has. Sure, they don't have modern medicine, but they do have literal healing magic and potions. They also have a maladies and some of them have drastically different biologies, so it's not a given that the stuff he imports could even help.

given how much modern day 'average' ppl spend on 'skincare' products i bet he'd make a killing selling moisturizer to nobles lol. maybe he can get his grandma to 'enhance' the average japanese knicknacks he'd buy from a convenience store or so to make it even more effective/valuable
Keep in mind that part of the reason people spend so much on beauty products is because of marketing and cultural expectations that say they should, as well as beauty standards that are based on people using those products. That may be less of a thing in a historic setting, even if they still value the results those products produce.

(what if) Plot twist Aina actually the princess 🗿
Do we know the timeline for when her father died or was drafted? Her mentioning that he had a similar bracelet to the Owl's + Owl's father saying his son should keep any promise he makes with his chosen business partner, even if it costs his life, makes me wonder if the actual twist will be that Aina's father and the Owl's father were partners and their disappearances are related.

other than making a profit and just wanting to work with this capital's guilds and stuff it's not as if he's aiming to be like 'world's best merchant' right? I assume he still has a lot of money from the festival or so and is just working because he has the chance/opportunity versus just lazing around/enjoying some 'luxuries' til he needs to restock again lol but it would be cool to see him introduce some 'new' stuff that hasn't been sold yet (he should go to those candy stores where they sell it by weight and resell the individual ones for like 4x the profit 8D)

He's mentioned that his goal is to make enough to retire comfortably, for the rest of his life, and he's well on his way to accomplishing it. Similarly, we've already seen him expanding his stock (pretty significantly). Also, he's consistently, and intentionally, chosen to not overcharge too much for his goods, so I doubt he'd want to start ripping off literal children (who probably don't have that much disposable income anyways).

Dex-chan lover
He's mentioned that his goal is to make enough to retire comfortably, for the rest of his life, and he's well on his way to accomplishing it. Similarly, we've already seen him expanding his stock (pretty significantly). Also, he's consistently, and intentionally, chosen to not overcharge too much for his goods, so I doubt he'd want to start ripping off literal children (who probably don't have that much disposable income anyways).
lol yeah i just meant he'd still be able to make a decent profit off of some 'common' 'earth' treats as opposed to marketing them as luxury desserts you'd get at a restaurant since his matches were still like a lot of profit in comparison but the ppl who bought them out didn't think it was too pricey, or maybe helping some ppl in a subtle way like, 'vitamin gummies' even if he doesn't bring medicine like with the mom (tho i'm sure he could make one big sale by just selling an old item that belonged to his grandma or so lol)

and maybe set up some kinda garden to where aina can just grow her own flowers and sell them so she's not picking them in a forest or so if she's still going to do that when they get back home

Dex-chan lover
Yet another "sell shampoo and soap to the nobles by parading someone with silky smooth hair" plot. I swear I've seen this at least 20 times already. Next is soy sauce and mayonnaise I guess and then they discover a hot spring that is sooo much better than the bathhouses. Maybe MC "invents" tempura and everyone cooms their pants. Then they'll all start wearing kimonos and going sugoi.

I've read too much isekai...

and maybe set up some kinda garden to where aina can just grow her own flowers and sell them so she's not picking them in a forest or so if she's still going to do that when they get back home
She's been working as his shop assistant since he started selling things regularly. The flowers thing was more of a child's hair desperate plan than an actually good idea. It was also entirely motivated by her mother being bedridden, so it's no longer necessary.

Yet another "sell shampoo and soap to the nobles by parading someone with silky smooth hair" plot. I swear I've seen this at least 20 times already. Next is soy sauce and mayonnaise I guess and then they discover a hot spring that is sooo much better than the bathhouses. Maybe MC "invents" tempura and everyone cooms their pants. Then they'll all start wearing kimonos and going sugoi.

I've read too much isekai...
I was more annoyed by them gushing over the cosplay clothes. A lot of modern clothing is just not high quality, compared to what they'd be useful, and while some cosplay can be well made, I suspect it's more likely going to be made to order, rather than available for next day shipping. That doesn't even get into the issues with generic sizes vs bespoke tailoring.

The cut, and some of the materials, may have been interesting, but beyond that I'd expect clothing to be one of the worst things to import.

Users who are viewing this thread