Jigokuraku

Dex-chan lover
The setting is interesting, but nothing else seems to follow...

Also it's always interesting when the disparity of skill is broadened in fiction (all of these "great-warrior"-types seem to exist en masse) yet there is still a very ordinary-looking/behaving government. I always expect a better balance of powers between government and rogues but somehow...this one really fails to deliver that feeling.

Still, an interesting setting is all it takes for me, and the monster designs really remind me of what I loved about Gantz.

Dex-chan lover
I think one of the reason why they are little success in their expedition is due to how their is no incentive for teamwork though i guess at one point their going to do that hopefully.

Group Leader
Small updates:

- Uploaded chapter 8 (which is having a small fix too, a name error made by the author)
- Reuploaded chapter 2 (a small name mistake by us)

Fed-Kun's army
You know the people sending them are idiots. Aside from the no incentive to cooperate thing (good if you want a battle royale bad if you actually want immortality) the point of using death row criminals is they are expendable, pairing each with a skilled professional to watch them kinda negates the point.

Dex-chan lover
Niiiiiiice. Female executioner getting her determination on and pulling out some sick shit finally.

Dex-chan lover
Feels a little disappointing that they had to go through that entire development in the first place. Needs more fantasy island and less cliche "character development".

Dex-chan lover
I mean, the early development was the strength of the manga. The character work and whatnot was the draw and what made this interesting. It kinda got a huge fuck up there in the middle but there's nothing wrong with getting the determination to do shit.

I prefer that over mindless fights one into the other with characters I don't fucking care about.

I'm not saying I'm willing to look past the shortcomings but this manga is fine enough to keep reading so I guess I am? Anyway, I am disappointed a fucking ninja of Gabimaru's apparent caliber doesn't know the basic ass knowledge that the Asaemon executioners do when it comes to human anatomy but okay.

Dex-chan lover
I prefer not-mindless fights about characters that don't look like weenies with cliche "character development" to pull them out of the weenie stage. Just be strong from the beginning and have thoughtful fighting conflict.

Of course this is rare since "character development" seems to mean that a character can only go from weak to strong rather than strong to stronger, but with Gabimaru's intro (and even Asagiri too) this had potential to be the latter. Ah well. Falling back on Gantz-island now.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I think it's cause most of us read this on Jaimini's before it gets released here.

Double-page supporter
Fallen Angels dropped this manga: https://fascans.com/news-en/announcement-en/jigokuraku-dropped/

Group Leader
Viz is currently on chapter 14, they're almost there. Please read it on their site and if it's blocked for you, use a VPN.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/hells-paradise-jigokuraku/

Users who are viewing this thread