Jitsu wa Ore, Saikyou Deshita? - Ch. 94 - The Invitation

Dex-chan lover
Manga is the original work no?
both anime and manga aren't the original work it is usually the web novel or light novel that is the original
It depends on which work is initially produced.
There are plenty of original anime which then have a manga adaptation, in which case the anime is the original work, especially those that cater to younger audiences (in which case there is usually no novel versions).

On a similar vein, popular series like One Piece and Dragon Ball have their original work in manga version. So really it depends.

Dex-chan lover
It depends on which work is initially produced.
There are plenty of original anime which then have a manga adaptation, in which case the anime is the original work, especially those that cater to younger audiences (in which case there is usually no novel versions).
I think anime to manga is quite rare outside anime film adaptations, care to name a few of those plenty ones you mentioned?

This one is adapted from the light novel however.

Dex-chan lover
I think anime to manga is quite rare outside anime film adaptations, care to name a few of those plenty ones you mentioned?

Yes, but Char was talking about some series she was watching, not about this series.

Original anime series that got manga adaptation? Sure, those that came to mind easily are those produced by P.A Works: Hanasaku Iroha, Shirobako, Shiroi Suna no Aquatope. Examples that produced by other studios, for instance are Lycoris Recoil and Psycho-Pass
All of those have manga adaptation (and more) during/after their airing, and these are just based on the stuff I remember on top of my head from recent years.

Edit: to add, after checking, Madoka Magica was also an original anime series that became its own franchise with multiple media adaptations including manga format. So plenty to find if we just dig around.

Edit2: Even more mainstream examples would be Pretty Cure and Mobile Suit Gundam. They all originally anime series that spans to however many different media, including plenty of manga adaptations.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think MC doesn't know what the 'secret' word means. What secret is this secret fighter at all? More like a show off fighter.

Dex-chan lover
That infiltration plan doesn't seems to work well... come on I don't believe the numbers never heard about the prince and princess or not knowing their faces... unless they are always with that robe and cover the face with the mask always.

On other hand... Char is getting deeper and deeper on rabbit hole. She found out about manga now. Lets hope she doesn't find about H***** :worry:

Dex-chan lover

Many original anime series. For example for studio Trigger: Kill la Kill, Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, Little Witch Academia, Darling in the Franxx. Its common to adapt the story as manga whose release of the first chapter is often around the airing of the first episode – sometimes even some days before, but they are still based on the anime series. It’s an easy way to a) advertise your anime and b) even get some additional revenue on your IP.
And this is just for one anime studio.

Users who are viewing this thread