JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 9 - The JOJOLands - Ch. 18 - That Girl's Bags' Groove Part 3

close enough, welcome back lisa lisa

image.png

Dex-chan lover
I have no idea what happen in this fight, gotta wait till the animation comes along I guess

After rereading I think there's too many continuity errors when he fires for there not to be a visual component to the stand somehow. Either that or Araki is half assing this fight so he can get to the part where he introduces more Italian characters quicker.

I'm curious if that guy at the end somehow survives that shot. Also Im feeling the main villain might end up being the person who sent jodio and his team to steal from howler

Double-page supporter
How are people struggling to understand how useful this stand is to an assassin or calling it a bad stand?

If I'm reading this right, it says he controls the bullet speed, meaning he doesn't just slow them down, he speeds them back up as well. Take the end of this chapter with the elevator. You fire off a bunch of bullets aimed at where you plan a target to be, slow them down to practically nothing so they stay in place like a trap, leave the scene so they don't suspect you, wait for the target to get in position, then immediately speed the bullets back up to regular speed, let them hit the target just enough to dig in, then slow them down again to maximise damage. Also for all we know theres nothing saying he can only do it to bullets, that's just all we've been shown. Even if it only applies to bullets, and the bullets are part of his stand Emperor style, that just makes it more useful, since any non-stand user target is completely incapable of surviving, and since his bullets seem to melt into nothing afterwards like we see earlier in the chapter, even against stand users he leaves literally no evidence.

TLDR: Like someone else said, it's like a bullet version of Kraftwerk that can be toggled on and off and used at range without physical contact.

Last edited:
To add to the discussion about the Glory Days power. It has tons of uses here rather than not using it.
#1 they are incognito, not only to the main group but to civilians if they don't want to get into any legal trouble.
#2 they stay anonymous, even if they know the main group are stand users what if they somehow survive and now they have to fight immediately rather than getting multiple attempts.
#3 the lack of sound until the end can help with the surprise and an all at once attack. If he tried mowing them down all at once some of them might have time to respond.
#4 They don't know the main group's powers so it would seem easier to attack from the shadows rather than chance it.
There may be more points but thats a few that come to mind. I just think the obvious answer to why not just shoot them would be they don't want to have gunned someone down in public in a busy hospital if they can just try the same thing stealthfully. Also, I'm not sure how the sound functions 100%. Maybe it's so slowed that when he activates the speed the sound finally clicks in which is why there is one noise.

Supporter
To add to the above, and pointing the obvious: he can create a curtain/shower of time-frozen bullets with a single gun, then have them all activate at once, effectively mimicking a firing squad on his own.

Dex-chan lover
Why don't they just walk out of the way of the slow mo bullets? Are they stupid?

Dex-chan lover
The dialog feels a little stilted here, but otherwise good chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread