Joshi-man - Vol. 3 Ch. 15.5 - Omake

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation!

The memory of this story is still a bit vague in my mind. I like a good ending, and I'm glad the romance aspect seems to have not exactly gone unresolved. Although I wonder if there was really enough romance here to give it the Romance tag. I don't think it was a central part of the story, but maybe if I re-read I will find that I was mistaken. I probably will, too, since I remember liking this story quite a lot.

Dex-chan lover
I enjoyed the series and I'm very glad we at least got an omake to try and tie the romantic plotline up somewhat, since she was the only one whose romantic feelings we didn't know yet.

Having said that, I'm not a fan of sudden, last chapter, disappearances in modern-day stories. It always feels beyond forced. Why couldn't they communicate for that whole year?

She said she couldn't accept calls because she would end up drawing manga again, which by itself would be a weird reason to ghost someone who means that much to you. But then we find out within the same conversation that she was drawing and selling manga anyway; so again why the ghosting? It feels mechanical.

I'm also not a fan of stories (especially yuri) tying up every plot and thematic point while coincidentally leaving the romantic plot point as an "obviously they'll get together in the future," wink-wink, or a "buy the physical volume so you'll get the kiss," wink-wink.

She just talked about wanting her body and warmth all for herself 2 chapters ago. So it definitely intended to represent their budding romance. If we're tying all the plot elements up why not tie all the plot elements up during the main story? Still enjoyed the series and the ending but those two things soured it every so slightly.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
There was something interesting about them drawing what they did in school while their own romantic relationship and experience was so tentative to the end. What a gap. A little peck seemed like a monumental act, but at least honest for themselves I guess. I feel like this really needed a longer wrap up, but that’s all the runway they had it seems.

Dex-chan lover
There was something interesting about them drawing what they did in school while their own romantic relationship and experience was so tentative to the end. What a gap. A little peck seemed like a monumental act, but at least honest for themselves I guess. I feel like this really needed a longer wrap up, but that’s all the runway they had it seems.
the gap is pretty cute, but i'm sad that it ended like this ;;

It feels like the drama take away the good relationship the character have and didn't get the chance to fully recover, after the mother's doing the two of them just feel awkward and never get the chance to have the proper romance the story was developing.

Dex-chan lover
It’s been a long 3 years but a fun one. Thanks for all the work and dedication!!

Dex-chan lover
Honestly the ending handle pretty well given that it is only got couple of chapter to warp thing up.
this is much better what i expecting when i hear this end. and it handle the their romance and drama natural enough for the little time it got. while not there yet, it show it surely come, so just give them kid some time

Dex-chan lover
I was a bit disapointed we didn't get a little something more regarding their relationship in the final chapter. And then this little Omake made it just right.
Perfect ending in my book!

Thank you very, very much for translating this. Though there are a lot of manga being translated and published.
These sort of works are the ones that always get ignored and would be impossible for many of us to even hear about if it weren't for the talent and the motivation of scanlation teams like yours.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, rhe gaydar was working, it was just lack of self confidence.
”it’s fairly obvious that she’s into me, but that doesn’t mean that I can assume that it’s true” is the gayest thing in this.
“You just kissed me! What did that mean?!”
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh Axe-kun you brute! 🤣

Well on a positive note, at least it's finished. Not in a way I would have liked, but you can't always get what you want. 🥺

Users who are viewing this thread