Josou shite Off-Kai ni Sanka shite mita. - Vol. 5 Ch. 114

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter, I wish you get lots of new donations. You deserve them for all you do for us :headpat:

Now unto the comment. How many chapters of this are there left? I'm so sad that this is the most progress we'll see from all of them U_U

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter, I wish you get lots of new donations. You deserve them for all you do for us :headpat:

Now unto the comment. How many chapters of this are there left? I'm so sad that this is the most progress we'll see from all of them U_U
Three more chapters, and yeah, they def need some more progress, can't believe the author brought in the mom card instead of letting them kiss

Dex-chan lover
I forgot we got to see them hang out after they’re low-key an item.

Play with the pronouns, because you gotta choose when it’s not in the original work! (It isn’t, here. Go to town 😊)

It’s not a big deal, outside ”in public and cross-dressing“ yadda yadda. S’whatever.

Second and third-person pronouns are rare enough in Japanese that I am certain that, in another manga I read recently, it was used to establish how the characters saw themselves and each other.
It was in the BL section, but one of the main characters presents androgynously, was taken for a woman by the other’s friend, and mention’s he’s non-binary and “so I don’t really mind if someone thinks I’m a girl“. Doesn’t come up again.
Other character does cease feeling “the hell…?” about thinking he‘s cute, but takes the time to use “he”, even in internal monologue.
Makes it clear, subtly, that he doesn’t cop out and start thinking of him as a girl.

Establishes that he’s neither straight nor gay.
No deal is made of it. It’s just there to be seen.

PS yes, the enby uses a masculine first-person pronoun. “Boku”, specifically.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
If anything, you'd think mama would be proud of the acting chops pulled off to crossdress all the time like this.

Dex-chan lover
Cue the reveal chapter that his mom thinks he's gotten so pretty and tries to dress him up in a lot of different outfits

Dex-chan lover
I forgot we got to see them hang out after they’re low-key an item.

Play with the pronouns, because you gotta choose when it’s not in the original work! (It isn’t, here. Go to town 😊)

It’s not a big deal, outside ”in public and cross-dressing“ yadda yadda. S’whatever.

Second and third-person pronouns are rare enough in Japanese that I am certain that, in another manga I read recently, it was used to establish how the characters saw themselves and each other.
It was in the BL section, but one of the main characters presents androgynously, was taken for a woman by the other’s friend, and mention’s he’s non-binary and “so I don’t really mind if someone thinks I’m a girl“. Doesn’t come up again.
Other character does cease feeling “the hell…?” about thinking he‘s cute, but takes the time to use “he”, even in internal monologue.
Makes it clear, subtly, that he doesn’t cop out and start thinking of him as a girl.

Establishes that he’s neither straight nor gay.
No deal is made of it. It’s just there to be seen.

PS yes, the enby uses a masculine first-person pronoun. “Boku”, specifically.
Meanwhile, the people who need to keep being weird about all of that (and we mean ALL of that) keep griping because poetic license is a requirement in translation.

Either way, we love our bi-cons.

Dex-chan lover
Meanwhile, the people who need to keep being weird about all of that (and we mean ALL of that) keep griping because poetic license is a requirement in translation.

Either way, we love our bi-cons.
I mean, I don’t think there’s indication whether or not he’s been attracted to women before, but then again I don’t know the term that would apply if he isn’t.

Dex-chan lover
Three more chapters, and yeah, they def need some more progress, can't believe the author brought in the mom card instead of letting them kiss
prepare for disappointment if that’s what you want.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, I don’t think there’s indication whether or not he’s been attracted to women before, but then again I don’t know the term that would apply if he isn’t.
I mean, he might only be attracted to enbies, perhaps of a specific subset?
Which is just some kind of thing I don’t know the term for.

I’m not non-binary, so the specifics will always be vague to me. It’s like straightness. I will never understand it, and that’s fine.
It’s ok to not understand a thing and just accept it.
Those two are a fucking adorable couple, and that’s all I know.

Users who are viewing this thread