Jungle Emperor

Fed-Kun's army
I loved this movie... I think... what even happened in the movie? I remember a bird that annoyed me as a kid for some reason but thats almost it...

Dex-chan lover
Pretty neat that they managed travel back in 1950 just to make a manga based on Lion King.
Sasuga ディズニー

Aggregator gang
So are people actually reading the manga/watching the series or are they just being tards and spouting how TLK ripped off Leo without actually knowing anything?

Group Leader
ha! I don't know! 😆 who knows what the ratio is of ppl who actually watch/read it for themselves and make their own judgement.

there are discussions that happen when I release a chapter in the discord that i'm in. So, there are some that read it LOL

Group Leader
I had a question about the scans what version is? is the original version or the complete manga works by Kodansha?

Group Leader
sure 😊- This is the 1977 Complete Manga Works Edition (more specifically - the 2012 e-book re-release by Bitway)

(Golden Roze used the same '77 version as well)

I do have access to the original version and may translate it in the future, but I'm still not sure on that one.

Group Leader
Nice. I was looking the article about Jungle Emperor in tezukainenglish.com who mentions things like redraw and revised pages in Complete Manga Works version, the order of the chapters is changed in Complete Manga Works, the original version was restored and republished in 2009 etc.

I finish this manga back then years ago and never saw similarities with TLK (human presence being the most obvious thing)
Is it different in the anime series? Which came first anyway: the anime or this manga?

I knew it by Kimba, the white lion, so as pure curiosity why is called Jungle emperor Leo?

Group Leader
Leo is Kimba's Japanese name. (I used kimba in this translation instead of Leo because it's the name the previous scanlator used before I picked this up.)
"jungle emperor" and also roughly translates as "king of the Jungle". I think the " Kimba the white lion" re-name was due to copyright reasons when the anime came to the US. The MGM lion was named, "Leo" already.

Aggregator gang
@GaoMuscle
Mostly people reaching. People going on about how there are similar animals present, or similar settings, concept art(which was never used) etc.
They also keep underhandedly using the Leo film, made in 1997, which has a hilariously similar opening, in comparisons, labeling it as scenes from the 60s TV series.

Users who are viewing this thread