Kagami no Mukou no Saihate Toshokan - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully he’s not the demon lord.
Plot twist: he’s the princess changed into a boy. Which actually happens in one of the Oz books.

Dex-chan lover
The language is a bit awkward but the story has promise. Sounds like he was the hero and the princess was the maid. Perhaps cursed by the demon lord.

However as @Sep10trion said he could be the demon lord who was "banished" to this place.

On the other hand perhaps its both and he IS the demon lord but only because you become the "demon lord" by taking the previous ones place. This mirror girl will be his "princess" and a hero will come to rescue her, only to be trapped in the "castle" forever.

I bet he's the hero but he got trapped in the library.
that might be why the first page don't tell the end of the hero's story.
(mind you, this is a guess not a spoiler)

Double-page supporter
Hum, if I can describe the setting presented in one word, I would describe it as "shady".
I'm pretty sure that there is something shady going on.
It's the same feeling I had when I read this manhwa: https://mangadex.org/title/867/.

can we get rid of this duplicate https://mangadex.org/title/40219/kagami-no-mukou-no-saihate-toshokan-kou-no-yuusha-to-itsuwari-no-maou?

Dex-chan lover
Oo... MYSTERIOUS! I like (mainly because he was accompanied by a cute maid... had it only been him then meh).

This premise have elements of potential. The loneliness yet surrounded by all the books bibliomaniac ever wants with cute little creatures could fit beautifully to paradoxically sad yet cheerful setting - like the feel one gets from "Humanity has Declined". The amnesia and having a fellow human who acts like a robot hints of a possibly interesting backstory if done right.

But I see too many tropes - particularly how explicit in monologing the loneliness of the MC with the all too cute girl in the end. I cannot expect this will be of the deeper stories. Nor one of the engaging ones. But still earned a follow for now from me.

Dex-chan lover
This art style couldn't be more light novel adaptation man

Dex-chan lover
hmm the usual would be him probably a hero and the humans locking him away because he is strong

Users who are viewing this thread