KAGE HIME - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Association

Dex-chan lover
the naked loli shiz kinda weird bruh
hope this isnt another ruroni kenshin author type shiz
yknow the shiz
using money you got from your mangaka to use on real life kiddie pron, from trafficked kids
and then using that as fap bait and references
all i gotta say is
shiz kinda weird

Dex-chan lover
yknow the shiz
using money you got from your mangaka to use on real life kiddie pron, from trafficked kids
all i gotta say is
shiz kinda weird
Fiction does not equal reality.
also
just because an artist draws 'shit' doesn't mean they're into it in real life.

And Rurouni Kenshin is a strange example to bring up as he didn't exactly draw 'shit' despite doing 'shit' things in real life
so
reality≠fiction, but also fiction≠reality

Dex-chan lover
yknow the shiz
all i gotta say is
shiz kinda weird
yeah, although we cant say anything just from guessing, as I said before, the line between art and pedophilia is thin

Dex-chan lover
I have been thinking the dude could place steel wires inside Hime's body, to make the body more resilient to physical damage. Would they really interfere with anything? As it is, she doesn't actually have bones at all, which is quite a big weakness. Metal bars, in place of bones, would be even better than steel wires, but they would be somewhat more difficult for the dude to source, plus she might become really heavy if he's not careful with the amount; it's not like he could get his hands of titanium. That being said, aluminium would also be far, far better than nothing at all, and not that expensive. He would just need to visit one of those metal recycling shops selling scrap metal in myriad forms, shapes, and sizes. You can make really good finds in those places, I know that from experience. Especially if you pay with cash, haha.

yeah, although we cant say anything just from guessing, as I said before, the line between art and pedophilia is thin
Yeah, sure. There are millions upon millions of people watching action movies and playing violent games. Many of them ended up performing violent crimes in RL. It can't possibly be a coincidence, right. The line between art and murder is thin indeed.

Dex-chan lover
I have been thinking the dude could place steel wires inside Hime's body, to make the body more resilient to physical damage. Would they really interfere with anything? As it is, she doesn't actually have bones at all, which is quite a big weakness. Metal bars, in place of bones, would be even better than steel wires, but they would be somewhat more difficult for the dude to source, plus she might become really heavy if he's not careful with the amount; it's not like he could get his hands of titanium. That being said, aluminium would also be far, far better than nothing at all, and not that expensive. He would just need to visit one of those metal recycling shops selling scrap metal in myriad forms, shapes, and sizes. You can make really good finds in those places, I know that from experience. Especially if you pay with cash, haha.

Yeah, sure. There are millions upon millions of people watching action movies and playing violent games. Many of them ended up performing violent crimes in RL. It can't possibly be a coincidence, right. The line between art and murder is thin indeed.
if i were a psychopath, murdering would be considered art, yes that's true

Dex-chan lover
if i were a psychopath, murdering would be considered art, yes that's true
So, in your opinion, every person watching action movies or playing action games is a psychopath? An interesting point of view. That's far beyond even those who criticise fictional violent entertainment, saying it will encourage violent behavior in RL.

Dex-chan lover
So, in your opinion, every person watching action movies or playing action games is a psychopath? An interesting point of view. That's far beyond even those who criticise fictional violent entertainment, saying it will encourage violent behavior in RL.
I did not say that, i said if I WERE A psychopath, but I'm not. Nice try trying to bend my words

Dex-chan lover
I did not say that, i said if I WERE A psychopath, but I'm not. Nice try trying to bend my words
No, I was just trying to interpret your words to make sense in the context. Apparently I interpreted them wrong since you rejected my interpretation, but now I'm out of options. I can only say I have no idea what you are talking about. Perhaps that's it for this conversation, then.

Fiction does not equal reality.
also
just because an artist draws 'shit' doesn't mean they're into it in real life.

And Rurouni Kenshin is a strange example to bring up as he didn't exactly draw 'shit' despite doing 'shit' things in real life
so
reality≠fiction, but also fiction≠reality
To begin with, nudity is not objectively sexual. It is about how it is portrayed in the work in which it is applied and even though the manga has sexually suggestive scenes or simply plays with eroticism, something common in Japanese culture and very present in manga in general (the famous "ecchi"), in this case it is a minority. Nudity can be portrayed as casual, natural or even sensual without insinuating lewd content. In the case of this work, the focus on nudity seems to be a mix between the natural and the sensual, with a greater focus on artistic nudity since the boy in question is just that, an artist.

When it comes to nudity involving the bodies of children, this is what is taken into consideration. Sexualizing children, unlike nudity, is indeed objectively problematic because regardless of whether it is fiction or not, it leaves room for the thought that this may be a possibility. That it is "okay to sexualize minors", setting fiction as the limit for this. No, the limit is the simple idea of sexualizing children, whether in fiction or not.

Still, there are caveats. Just like with nudity, it all depends on how it is portrayed. Violence in games and movies, for example, will usually be portrayed as something negative. If you are Tarantino, it will be graphically exaggerated and even fun to watch, but only when it is directed at the villains and antagonists. It becomes pleasurable to see the bad guy getting hurt. Violence can be fun against the villains, but heavy and unpleasant against the good guys. In other words, if you are going to address child sexualization in a work, it should be as something negative and truly horrible.

When we move on to video games, this also depends on the work. Sometimes violence is seen as necessary, as in war or survival games. It is part of the immersion. Sometimes it is fun, whether in GTA, because it is part of the "joke" of you going out on the street causing terror or to serve as a criticism of the player, as in Hotline Miami. However, violence is never glamorized or romanticized. At least never in relation to innocent people. When it is, it tends to not work. Just look at works like Netflix's Dahmer, which was criticized precisely for raising this point of view. Or, returning to the sexual issue, 365 Days is equally criticized and problematic for romanticizing something as serious as Stockholm syndrome. In other words, violence can be funny if treated as a joke, or fun if exaggerated or staged against the villains we hate so much. In the same way that nudity can be sexual or artistic, for example. But some concepts should never cross some people's minds, like romanticizing murders or Stockholm syndrome, or in this case, the sexualization of children's bodies.

Obviously, fiction and reality are not the same thing, but fictional concepts are always taken from reality and the role of fiction is to shape them for a specific approach that sets the tone of the work in which it is applied.

Dex-chan lover
To begin with, nudity is not objectively sexual. It is about how it is portrayed in the work in which it is applied and even though the manga has sexually suggestive scenes or simply plays with eroticism, something common in Japanese culture and very present in manga in general (the famous "ecchi"), in this case it is a minority. Nudity can be portrayed as casual, natural or even sensual without insinuating lewd content. In the case of this work, the focus on nudity seems to be a mix between the natural and the sensual, with a greater focus on artistic nudity since the boy in question is just that, an artist.

When it comes to nudity involving the bodies of children, this is what is taken into consideration. Sexualizing children, unlike nudity, is indeed objectively problematic because regardless of whether it is fiction or not, it leaves room for the thought that this may be a possibility. That it is "okay to sexualize minors", setting fiction as the limit for this. No, the limit is the simple idea of sexualizing children, whether in fiction or not.

Still, there are caveats. Just like with nudity, it all depends on how it is portrayed. Violence in games and movies, for example, will usually be portrayed as something negative. If you are Tarantino, it will be graphically exaggerated and even fun to watch, but only when it is directed at the villains and antagonists. It becomes pleasurable to see the bad guy getting hurt. Violence can be fun against the villains, but heavy and unpleasant against the good guys. In other words, if you are going to address child sexualization in a work, it should be as something negative and truly horrible.

When we move on to video games, this also depends on the work. Sometimes violence is seen as necessary, as in war or survival games. It is part of the immersion. Sometimes it is fun, whether in GTA, because it is part of the "joke" of you going out on the street causing terror or to serve as a criticism of the player, as in Hotline Miami. However, violence is never glamorized or romanticized. At least never in relation to innocent people. When it is, it tends to not work. Just look at works like Netflix's Dahmer, which was criticized precisely for raising this point of view. Or, returning to the sexual issue, 365 Days is equally criticized and problematic for romanticizing something as serious as Stockholm syndrome. In other words, violence can be funny if treated as a joke, or fun if exaggerated or staged against the villains we hate so much. In the same way that nudity can be sexual or artistic, for example. But some concepts should never cross some people's minds, like romanticizing murders or Stockholm syndrome, or in this case, the sexualization of children's bodies.

Obviously, fiction and reality are not the same thing, but fictional concepts are always taken from reality and the role of fiction is to shape them for a specific approach that sets the tone of the work in which it is applied.
As a reply to your wall of text, I'll just reiterate what I said in my post; reality≠fiction, but also fiction≠reality

I do read ComicLO, but that doesn't mean I'm into that shit in real life...

Users who are viewing this thread