Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Vol. 21 Ch. 209 - Dreams

I get the feeling that her brother actually cares about her but both of them are just stupid.

Dex-chan lover
i mean... maybe help Kaguya take over the family and re-acquire the company via that route?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Am I the only one who thinks she's doing the wrong thing? There's other ways to deal with these kind of stuff, maybe the author just wants to add some drama? I doubt that mayuki will just sit there and see how Kaguya will deal with it. Thx for the translation

Finally a good fucking scanlation. Thank you Zaibatsu!

I am so glad you translated the patriarchy bit as an indefinite instead of "The" patriarchy that some people were suggesting on /a/. Makes it way more believable when reading it.

@psnako I get the same vibes. I bet he actually thinks this way: "Don't try too hard I'll shoulder things sis. Be happy and get married." He'll probably acquiesce to Shinomiya and the president's relationship when he learns he's going to Stanford as well.

A serious and tragic (usually just bittersweet) arc doesn't really fit this manga well, so I bet it'll have some kind of punchline. Maybe not as comedic as I've mentioned but it'll get resolved peacefully. (They definitely won't go through some chess and business mind games to defeat her brother, that's too abrupt of a genre change)

Dex-chan lover
I forget what we've seen of this brother before (if we even have) and cant check since, you know, all the chapters before 200 up and disappeared.
but if it was just this, it doesn't feel like he's being a bad guy here, or at least he doesn't think he's being tongue in cheek with his words. It seems more like he's the good result of a horrid environment, doing his best to let her be happy the only way he really understands how.
ofc I could just be forgetting that he's actually some huge asshole or in a later chapter he becomes one, but for now I have hope.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Nope. Nope. Nope. Dumb but caring brother? Peaceful resolution? Nay!

Punch this baldy. Someone please punch him.

Dex-chan lover
@Xanhomey, no ... only way she can be free is becoming the successor otherwise the cycle will continue until the Shinomiya Group is gone.

She is not wrong about that because she will always be a Shinomiya, even if her family leaves her alone other will not, she will always have to live with the fact she is Shinomiya Kaguya but can use that as well, by seizing control she will became master of her own fate, she will be free ... well as free one can be anyway.

As for the "patriarchy", I think people forget that in such a system everyone is a cog ... the sons are spares, they will also be forced into marriages to strengthen the family as much the women are, their "power" is a illusion, the family matters ... everyone must obey the main family, everyone must obey the head and the head must continue the cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread