Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen - Vol. 26 Ch. 261 - Kaguya-sama Wants to be Confessed To

Dex-chan lover
With how loosely they're holding on, I can't help but wonder how they haven't fallen off yet. Those rope ladders are a lot harder to cling to than they look
It isn't behaving like a rope-ladder does, for sure. People seem to expect them to always hang straight down or something, but it always shifts so the centre of mass (including the people hanging from it) is directly below the fulcrum, as in the ladder always seem to be trying to move away from the one clinging to it. It is like trying to climb an overhang. A floppy overhang which, when you try to push onto it to support your weight, is actually pushed away in the process... not to mention lateral movement as it twists side to side with every motion you make.
I swear it is easier to climb just a rope with knots in than trying to climb a rope ladder.

It isn't behaving like a rope-ladder does, for sure. People seem to expect them to always hang straight down or something, but it always shifts so the centre of mass (including the people hanging from it) is directly below the fulcrum, as in the ladder always seem to be trying to move away from the one clinging to it. It is like trying to climb an overhang. A floppy overhang which, when you try to push onto it to support your weight, is actually pushed away in the process... not to mention lateral movement as it twists side to side with every motion you make.
I swear it is easier to climb just a rope with knots in than trying to climb a rope ladder.
That's a really detailed description! Thanks for the mental image. Tbh, I knew that rope ladders were hard to climb, but not the exact mechanics of why. This explanation was really cool/helpful, so thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread