Kaii-san to Ore - Ch. 17 - Human Aid

Dex-chan lover
tumblr_nbsrxqPt2E1tw8163o1_500.gif

Supporter
His shoe is stitched together in one part and you can see his toe through another part. What he's wearing is falling apart.
You are looking at the wrong part if you're not looking at what's in the speech bubble...Especially since I made that statement after previously making comment on another speech bubble.

the right bubble is bullshit, kinda
it's "it would be bad to leave the ghost as is"
the girl without glasses has her name mentioned on pg.2 (Natsuki) but it's nowhere to be found
F_wjJHuboAAuRsH.jpg

If you could point out where on this page (page 2) Natsuki's name is, I'd appreciate it.

Whoops, misread 危ない.

Should this be something like "let me speak with the ghost"?
image.png

And I have no idea what this was supposed to be...
image.png

If he wanted permission from her to speak to the ghost, he would've asked 「お話しさせて(ください)」[ohanashi sasete (kudasai)] "(Please) allow me to speak" or 「お話ししてもいい?」[ohanashi shite mo ii?] "Is it ok to speak (with)?"

Vilj752.png

「面倒は勘弁だわ」
[mendou wa kanben da wa]
"[I'm] saving you the trouble" was shortened to a similar phrase of "Don't [go] borrow[ing] trouble", both meaning, "don't involve yourself with something troublesome"
I suppose, "Don't get involved" would've also worked.

Last edited:
Supporter
「面倒は勘弁だわ」
[mendou wa kanben da wa]
"[I'm] saving you the trouble" was shortened to a similar phrase of "Don't [go] borrow[ing] trouble", both meaning, "don't involve yourself with something troublesome"
I suppose, "Don't get involved" would've also worked.
I'll be frank that I've never heard the phrase "Don't go borrowing trouble" before, so that helps clear that up ("looking for," sure I've heard, but not "borrowing"). I think that alternate choice of "Don't get involved" works better to me personally because it skips that step.

Dex-chan lover
I'll be frank that I've never heard the phrase "Don't go borrowing trouble" before, so that helps clear that up ("looking for," sure I've heard, but not "borrowing"). I think that alternate choice of "Don't get involved" works better to me personally because it skips that step.
Not gonna lie, I thought it was maybe a cultural thing where associating spreads bad luck. Don't involve yourself lest their problems become your own. Kinda mirroring the selfless we the child mirrors that be involving himself with them to actively take on her curse/ghost. Borrowing her trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread