Kami Chi no Kyuuseishu -0.00000001% o Hikiate Saikyou e-

Fed-Kun's army
Surprisingly good. Despite a real slow first few chapters it really picks up

Aggregator gang
Where to begin... this is a story that you shouldn't think too much about. The writing and world building is terrible.

If you've read hunter manhwa before, then you already know the drill, gates appear, hunters go in and clear the gates, save the world yaddy yadda. This one has a special premise though. there is a clock in the sky that is counting down. If that clock reaches zero, the world ends. When gates appear, the gates will have a difficulty level represented as stars, we'll get into why the stars are arbitrary and pointless later. The gates will also have a clear time displayed at the entrance. This is important, why? Because the faster you clear the gate, the time that is left over gets added to the clock in the sky pushing the doomsday clock back. Great right? So obviously that means that the hunters will be focusing on trying to clear these gates as fast as possible. Oh, but there's just 1 tiny problem, this manga's hunter association, yeah, they're morons. It's run by edgy children. When a gate appears, a hunter & their party can request to "reserve" that gate with the hunters association. This is where I should probably mention how hunter ranks are determined. Hunters have skills that are classed as 1 of 3 tiers, copper, silver, & gold. The hunters also have levels, the only way to gain levels is by hunting monsters inside of a gate. MC is a special boy, he gets to be rainbow ranked, oh boy! So now that we know this, clearly the hunters association is going to appropiately assign gates to people who can complete them RIGHT? Now why would they do that? You'd have to be a competent author to think that way. WHY THE FUCK are you assigning a 2 star gate (1 star being the easiest), to a single level 8 (very low level) copper hunter who's ability only works on body contact (no weapons) against monsters that aren't over 3 levels above the hunter?! A complete rookie as well who didn't even realize she could use her ability consecutively to stun lock her foe. So what level is the boss monster of this gate? Well, it's actually 2 creatures, a goblin archer riding on top of an agile wolf (kobold?). The wolf is level 12 & the goblin is level 17. The goblin is also intelligent and capable of using strategy. The MC carries her and finishes the gate. I know I didn't mention at all that the MC was inside this gate with the FL. The MC, being unaware of this reservation system, he had unknowingly imposed on the FL's gate, good thing too. Because she would have died if the MC wasn't there. The duo then decide to tackle another 2 star gate. This gate seems to have far more monsters, and would you look at that, the level of the monsters in this gate, not even the boss mind you, are at minimum, level 10, nearly double the level of the creatues from the previous 2 star gate. The level of the boss? Level 29, WTF! Any way, long story short, something happens in the gate and the FL gets injured badly. While this is going on, there are a group of hunters that are taking on a 5 star gate. Again, something I didn't mention before, but you can scout the gates ahead of time and the monsters don't spawn until you "lock" the gate which traps you and your party members inside, as the name suggests, it also prevents anyone else outside of the gate from being able to enter. Once you've locked the gate, you have no choice but to complete the given quest or die. So, before these group of hunters went on to challenge this gate, the hunters association was having a discussion about how 5 star gates can only realistically be completed by gold ranked hunters. They then immediately decide that silver ranks can do it as long as you throw enough bodies at the problem. They said something like, maybe, ~30 silver ranks could complete a 5 star gate? Any way, they assign this 5 star gate to, not 30, but 15 hunters, and I am questioning whether or not if all of these hunters were even silver ranked. Their team leader was only level 38. I don't know why these morons thought that these people could complete the gate, but considering their past track record with assigning these gates, it isn't surprising. The boss of this gate was level ~58, shocker, nearly half of the party was wiped out almost instantly. This is where the author introduces another mechanic to these gates, see, if more than 50% of the hunters inside the gate die, the gate will automatically unlock so you can flee. What happens if you do this though? Well, once there are no hunters left inside the gate, it instantly breaks, the monsters pour out of the gate, and they specifically target the players that ran away any way. To add insult to injury, you know that doomsday clock in the sky? Yeah there was like, two hundred and fifty something days left on that dang thing and it got instantly reduced to 2 days from this 1 dungeon break. Any way, the team leader of that gate expedition abandoned his team and let them all die, meanwhile MC is trying to save the FL that was heavily injured. MC gets interrupted by sir chucklenuts the silver rank, demanding first aid from the paramedics who are trying to stabilize the FL and bring her to the hospital. MC isn't having any of that, so he uses that hunter as bait to kill the boss that broke out of the gate. So what happened to the Doomsday clock? Did the time get added back now that the monsters from the gate have been destroyed? Who knows, it doesn't show it. MC rushes to the hospital only to find that the FL is already in the morgue. Well that was fast. Conveniently, the MC acquired a skill to revive his teammates as his kin so long as they've died within the last hour. 15 seconds left, no time to think, the MC uses the ability. I hadn't mentioned this before but the FL had 2 sisters, in the earlier chapters these sisters were shown as arrogant and from the FL's perspective, abandoned her for being too weak, this was the reason why she was trying to enter gates solo. But in a shocking (not really) twist, her sisters really did care for her and they just didn't want her to get hurt by going into the gates, which is why they kicked her out of their party. The sisters burst into the room after the MC just got done working his magic, So the FL revives, actually, no she doesn't, she's now a vampire with absolutely no memories of when she was alive, is completely subservient to the MC, and now the sisters think the MC is some evil pervert trying to enslave their, once deceased sister. FL attempts to kill her sisters for daring to insult her master~, and appears to have gained the power of +5 edge, FUCKING CRINGE. MC takes the FL and runs off, while shouting behind him that he'll explain the situation to the grieving sisters, (HINT: he never does). I read a couple more chapters, still waiting on that closure that never comes. MC clears another gate with his new and improved edgy subordinate, author still isn't showing the doomsday clock, so I still don't know how much time is actually left on the dang thing, and that's when I dropped this shit.

Jesus, I didn't realize I actually wrote that much. I don't really feel like separating it into paragraphs so enjoy the block if you actually want to bother reading my ramblings.

TL;DR Author is an idiot, doesn't explain anything, and the manga is cringe.

Hold on, I wrote this whole thing before I actually finished reading the last few panels of the chapter I dropped this on and the author had the gall to write another incredibly dumb thing in that time frame. apparently each subsequent star added to a gate means that the monsters in the gate are TEN times stronger than the previous star. Hold up, MC defeated the boss of a 5 star gate, yeah I know he did it with a hax weapon that surely isn't going to cause writing problems for the braindead author later but that boss was only level 58. Bud, pal, author, that 5 star boss is literally supposed to be 1000 time stronger than a 2 star boss with this logic, these numbers don't add up. Even if the levels are entirely arbitrary and it is the stats of the mobs that matter, there is no way in hell, that boss had 1000 times the stats of the level 29 (with an added Frieza transformation) 2 star boss.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
I'm usually the type to be open minded and find the best in things but this one is really challenging me. There's a bunch of potential but the dialogue and decisions coming from the characters makes zero sense much of the time. I think the author intended to introduce adversity in various places due to their inexperience or lack of information but some of the poor decisions are just outright lack of common sense or disregarding obvious information they clearly know. I usually advise people to not get too hung up on details but there's just no excuse here. I don't know what else to say, I'm going to try and power through but it feels like my intelligence is being constantly insulted.

Oh, and I think the systems underlying the 'hunter' premise are sometimes set up incorrectly/inconsistently. I haven't bothered to dig into the numbers but it's all probably arbitrary anyway. I'm a bit less bothered by that bit since that seems to be pretty common, but it's just one less place to find a redeeming feature.

I guess in terms of plusses, I do like that the MC has powers that reward creativity. So I can only hope they are just saving the juicy bits for later in the story. I like the general attitude of the protagonist and his allies, if not his decision-making ability or how much they waste time and opportunities. I did like one part of the premise that should unite all of humanity to cooperate rather than trample eachother, though it's disappointing to see that did nothing to mitigate the usual tropes of selfish or traitor players causing trouble. I'm sorry I couldn't even just focus on the plusses. It's too hard.

Wtf??? I was reading this then it disappeared, does mangadex hate me???

no fr tho, i was reading then after i took a shower all the chapters just poofed of the face of the earth
Maybe it was removed since Webtoon picked it up. We're gonna have to wait a long time for it to catch up though. Or use mangakalot

Users who are viewing this thread