Kamigami no Kago de Seisan Kakumei - Vol. 3 Ch. 12.3

Dex-chan lover
So, the next enemy they have to deal with, is the Hangry Demon Empire, right? Knowing these types of tropes, it's going to be MC saves the day, by turning the demons into Rice loving Foodies, and so, they stop eating people.

Dex-chan lover
The way I see it it was a lose-lose situation with a slim chance of a high payout (and she couldn't have known it would be that slim). Choosing to bend the knee and make peace now or back then would similarly expose the weakness of the already crumbling kingdom to its subjects, vassals, and enemies, putting a serious dent in the country's stability in uncertain times.
I like they way it was written because it does feel like the kind of a humiliating deal that no proud sovereign could accept and get away with it politically. At that point, they might've as well begged the demons for a merciful peace treaty.

Dex-chan lover
I like they way it was written because it does feel like the kind of a humiliating deal that no proud sovereign could accept and get away with it politically. At that point, they might've as well begged the demons for a merciful peace treaty.
That's because you are too honest.
There are ways to make a deal like this and publicly present it in your favor. (And this would have worked better early on, as she still had her troops and magic full enough to exert some pressure to get more favorable conditions.) Tadashi has such a mellow personality that he would likely have agreed to help in that regard. Even if the princess didn't know this, there were enough hints to tell her how slim her chances were to win this head-on. Even after the facts, she had to be physically made to look at the troops for her to realize that she just wasted tens of thousands of soldiers... and a once-in-half-a-year trump card. And even then, she had to have the situation be explained explicitly because she still couldn't understand it by looking at her poisoned troops.

But you can make excuses for her all you want, the point is that she didn't reason this through - she didn't even try - she was blinded by her quest for military achievements and her noble entitlement. So she didn't realize that she could have had a major diplomatic and logistic achievement instead. Even her lack of diplomatic experience wouldn't be an excuse since she has such an experienced aide to help smooth out the details.

To be fair, she's a spoiled brat who likely was never told "no". And that's why she was assigned Odin. But that's also why you don't set a brat as a commander, unless you make sure that the grown-up in the room has the authority to stop her, no matter how humiliating it might seem. The king is the ultimate reason for this failure before it all even started.

Dex-chan lover
The author had made Matilda so dislikeable so they need some way to ensure her survival, however forced it might be.
...god, I really hope the author wouldn't put that idiot princess in MC's harem.
:worry:
...I'm okay with the butler.
Cough cough.... Looks at other isekai op mc farming title with a spoiled brat princess

Supporter
maxresdefault.jpg
Love this image

Dex-chan lover
This princess reminds me of "Wortenia Senki" and where wn ended up.
The way I see it it was a lose-lose situation with a slim chance of a high payout (and she couldn't have known it would be that slim). Choosing to bend the knee and make peace now or back then would similarly expose the weakness of the already crumbling kingdom to its subjects, vassals, and enemies, putting a serious dent in the country's stability in uncertain times.
Well, agree on that point IF it was well written. Sadly it wasn't even closely like this (my opinion).
I appreciate you comment for realization of how much meat this work is lacking. It looks like a draft then a full story.
Love this image
i love how they decide to name it (in around 1965). They almost nailed it.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, she survived, and didn't even look like she learned a thing.
Either she'll plot behind the Duke's back, she'll become a background character and live in shame, or she'll be a brainless waifu contender with nothing to offer other than her ability in battle - she looks to be useless for farming or doing anything of merit if she got this spanked. Those are the fates that surround her.

Dex-chan lover
I'm for his decision to not kill the princess, but ONLY because Odin was dead set on killing himself after her death and losing him would be a terrible injustice to that country. Had he not been there, I'll say have some fun time with her and then to the gallows.

Dex-chan lover
The heck was this arc about.. i thought he would offer her but he offered her head instead..😔

I really hope Matilda does not even up in the MC's harem, she does not deserve to even get to enjoy a nice life.

I mean she is not only dumb but also a massive hypocrite. She wants to protect "her" people from the demon race. but to do that she invaded the neighbouring country's butchered the people forced them to pay tax and work for them.

She let no good mercenaries do as they pleased which ended up with a Beastman town getting wiped out because she was so stupid to not manage them.

her design looks good but that is all she has going, I was hoping she was going to get her head lopped off at the end, It also makes no sense that the beast girls with the MC did not call for her death like the guy they got revenge on, as Matilda was the one that was directly responsible for sending them to the town to begin with.

Matilda was also well aware of the actions of the mercenaries and still let them go to attack the MC's land. If death is not on the cards for Matilda, then I good idea would be to make her work in the mines that she was going to force the dwarfs back too and make she mine for resource every day for the rest of her life.

I really hope something happens with her because it seems she is getting off the hook real easy currently, Must be because she is a woman, as the mercenary guy was legit stabbing in the chest and killed.

Everyone seems to forget that she was doing everything to ensure they had the resources to continue fighting against the demons (which her kingdom/dukedom/whatever are on the front lines of) - if I'm recalling correctly.
Even the elven islands were conquered because they are the best location for a naval base in their fight against the demons.

This doesn't change the fact that she lost half her army on a pointless fight that was more about honour than anything else, nor does it change the fact that she could have solved the situation diplomatically, I'm sure the islanders would have been happy to help the people defending everyone's peace by allowing them to use their islands for a naval base.
Sorry that is not a good enough, she herself is just as bad as the demons lol, she invaded peaceful towns, killed there people force them to pay taxes and forced them into labour. she could have made an alliance with them but no just went all out and attacked them, killed them for trying to protect their families all to force them to submit.

Also let also take a moment and remember, she first through when she found out about the MC's land was to attack him and take everything for herself and again not to talk for a peaceful alliance.

She also used mercenaries to attack villages and they not just attacked them, they wiped them out. and she again was going to send them to the MC's land knowing they were a lose cannon.

Everything shown of her it just out right dumb and evil and only caring about merit as the characters said. I really hope she does not end up married to the MC.

The problem is, the magical contract is just between the Butler, MC and the "princess", nothing is stopping the king to change the person in charge (with a more competent one instead of the brain dead princess) and invading again, just move the butler and the princess back to the capital and no contract would be recognized, plus i'm 90% sure the "princess" will join the harem under the excuse "Erm you'll stay with Tadashi as to learn how to govern a country", the MC is a joke if he didn't want to kill her he could at least ransom her or something the like to show he isn't as much of a doormat.

There's this one anecdote from the Italian unification as when they went to take the Vatican the pope said something along the lines "i'll excommunicate anyone who would order to attack the Vatican" to which the Italian just took the one Jewish officer they had laying around and got him in charge.
I agree, I think personally she should be forced to work in the mines for the rest of her life. your know the same place her wanted to force the Dwarfs back too.

Users who are viewing this thread