Kanmuri-san no Tokei Koubou - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - Welcome!

Aggregator gang
@_anq There's no page 16, it's 15 being repeated.

Outside of that, thanks for introducing us yet another golden work! It's superb.

This was an awesome first chapter! My father has had watches and fixing them as a life-long hobby, and I'm picking it up as well, so finding a manga like this was so heart-warming. Thank you, scanlator, and I hope you continue working on this.

Pages 15 and 16 are copies of each other, thank you.

Dex-chan lover
Well, you know what they say; "You never actually own a Patek Philippe. You merely look after it for the next generation"

..... *provided you've spent the equivalent of a house having the bloody thing serviced every five years for the rest of your life.

Group Leader
@_anq There's a video by Wired called "Watchmaker Breaks Down Swiss vs Japanese Made Watches". May help you with some of the terminology.

Towa-sama's Lover
Group Leader
unknown.png

A really nice first chapter, thanks for picking this up!

Random trivia: the watch the kid broke is an older model without shock protection; the balance staff (the more specific term for what _anq calls an axle) breaking was a very common problem back then. However, the shock protection of more recent watches is so effective that the balance staff breaking is a very uncommon problem nowadays, which means that many watchmakers don't have much experience replacing it. Making a new balance staff from scratch is a pretty hardcore way to fix the movement, and shows that Kanmuri is very good at her job.

I came by to correct some terminology too for readers- a diagram labeled the balance wheel "movement" and of course there is the balance staff already mentioned.

Has anyone been able to identify the watches somewhat? They all seem to be vintage- I'm really impressed with the explanations/diagrams and the detail on the two register chronograph. The girlfriend at the end of chapter 2 has an Omega (50s? 60s?) but that's all I can tell.

Users who are viewing this thread