Kantai Collection -KanColle- Hoppo-chan Hajimete no Seitsuu Hon (Doujinshi)

Group Leader
A few notes or something to this doujin:
The narration stated that Hoppo born just now, but considering no one visibly gave birth to her or anything like that on-screen, it's possible that this follows that popular fan theory, that abyssals used to be ship girls who sank, and then reborn as abyssals. so, it's possible that her being born is about reborn. it's ambigous in the raws.

Also, the abyssals' lines are somewhat unusual in the Japanese. they express themselves with short and simple ways, and using katakana only. I thought it felt kind of robot-like in a way, kind of caveman-like primitive, kind of animal-like following instincts more. Though that might be just my interpretation. I found it quite interesting, and that it's being an odd charm-point of this doujin, so I tried to somehow convey it, after some thinking decided to try it with adding tons of full stops to their speech in the English. As well as discussing it with typesetter, and looking for a less everyday, kind of robit-like font to use for these speech bubbles. I wonder if we could convey their odd - and somehow oddly, uniquely charming - speech pattern even just a little...?

Well, enough blabbering, I guess? XD
I hope you enjoy reading it~!!

Users who are viewing this thread