Kao ni denai Kashiwada-san to Kao ni deru Ota-kun

Double-page supporter
I hadn't realised FredFriendly has such a hate boner for this series. He posted a "summary" on Mangaupdate...

Group Leader
@ac1d1c
so... bullying is okay?

It appears that most of the people in these comment sections are either perfectly fine with it or are like classmates who pretend not to see it happening.

@Cynic
I hadn't realised FredFriendly has such a hate boner for this series. He posted a "summary" on Mangaupdate...

Thanks for noticing! If I must say, it's a absolutely accurate summary of the premise of this series.

Dex-chan lover
He wants to break her expressionless face by bullying her, but he never actually accomplishes said bullying and ends up liking her more with each hijink he tries to pull
As opposed to Nagatoro who actually carries out verbal toxicity that would get her a backhand slap with anyone else but the guy is such a saint it literally cannot work without him figuring out she just wanted to hang out with him

Double-page supporter
Why don't I dislike Oota's behaviour? Isn't that bullying? I have thought of some reasons as to why people tend to look over:
1) Oota's objective is to see a different expression on her face, not to destroy her life or something.
2) His pranks are... kiddy stuff. Whenever he plans to do something more serious he pulls back just in time.
3) On top of that, he never makes Kashiwada an object of ridicule. If anything, people make fun of him for his obvious crush and the very weird way he shows it.
4) There's also the fact that the supporting cast, especially Oota's friends, tend to be supportive of the two, often acting as mediators.
So, while petty, targeted pranks are a sign of bullying, the intentions, gravity, consequences and context of the pranks really don't align with bullying.

Yo what's that ice pack thing in the heat wave chapter, I need that. Googling ice pack just shows literal ice packs for coolers and stuff, is that what that is?

Group Leader
Beyond anything else, the fact that Kashiwada is the the complete opposite of a doormat is the best part of this series.

Contributor
It's no wonder @The_Potatolord needs cooling sheets/pads/packs, because @bejad007 has no chill, goddamn.
https://wow-j.com/en/Allguides/other/tips_manners/01860_en/

coolingsheets.jpg

Its definitely a cute series. Tsundere guy is awesome.
Tbh it makes me really giddy and happy which is really cute.
If you want a really lighthearted manga with intresting characters at least, this is definitely a must to read.

On a side note. People are saying this is bullying and such. It isnt. Its nowhere even close. Alot of stuff is similar to what boys do when they have crushes on girls at young ages. Tbh nagatoro is closer to that.
This isnt. Personally lived through 9 years of bullying constantly both inschool and online.
This intent here isnt bullying. So get off your high moral chair because its completely improper.

Oota: Im'ma troll Kashiwada by inviting her out to a restaurant!

Kashiwada: It's all going according to the Keikaku.

6 years later

Oota: Wait...wait...I married her and she is pregnant. Wut happen?

Kashiwada: Keikaku shuryo

Users who are viewing this thread