Kashikoi - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Love's Receipt

Group Leader
You've heard of "People die when they are killed", now get ready for

jpKXoHy.png

Dex-chan lover
This “Rent-A-Girlfriend” PTSD is hitting harder than ever. I don’t know if I want to commit on this bus, since it can only end badly, but damn it, it’s fulfilling.

Dex-chan lover
more than anything, i just want to know the motivation of the girl first and what's her whole deal with the shady dudes before i decided on anything whether to continue reading or not, but this series feels like it have potential all these 3 chapters so far unlike the other rent story manga with cuckboy MC

Last edited:
Group Leader
more than anything, i just want to know the motivation of the girl first and what's her whole deal with the shady dudes before i decided on anything whether to continue reading or not, but this series feels like it have potential all these 3 chapters so far unlike the other rent story manga with cuckboy MC
There's 20 chapters out so far, and the story never pretends the situation isn't fucked up or that the characters aren't flawed. Which is a lot more thoughtful than what I've heard about the other rent manga.

However, it's definitely going for a slow burn. The author doesn't just dump all the backstory or trauma all at once, but shows you small peeks into it and some slow character growth to go alongside it.

Author is definitely cooking, and I'm waiting to see if it'll be garbage or a masterpiece.

Dex-chan lover
There's 20 chapters out so far, and the story never pretends the situation isn't fucked up or that the characters aren't flawed. Which is a lot more thoughtful than what I've heard about the other rent manga.

However, it's definitely going for a slow burn. The author doesn't just dump all the backstory or trauma all at once, but shows you small peeks into it and some slow character growth to go alongside it.

Author is definitely cooking, and I'm waiting to see if it'll be garbage or a masterpiece.
The other rent manga is just awful, i reckon at this point, the author of the other rent manga is just writing up all his fantasies into his story like some kind of self-insert

I'm glad that this manga doesn't pretend that the problem doesn't exist and i actually enjoy slow burn manga, i read a lot of slow burn story and most of them are good because they take their time instead while hinting here and there instead of just sudden conclusion or abrupt end out of nowhere (i actually just finished checking the raw ver. without knowing a single thing written, but it looks like this manga gonna be something i really like)

Btw, thanks for translating this title :thumbsup:

Dex-chan lover
yikes manga specially the part where buying overpriced food only not to finish them.
typical spoiled peeps behavior.

Power Uploader
Really curious what path the artist/author is going with this.

Who in the heck doesn't even keep a debit card because you have cash?

At least for me, it's easier to use a card and control my spending. I end up spending way too much when I have cash on me.

Dex-chan lover

Could you give a bit of a spoiler on her life if u know? id rather quit this early depending on how the story develops, dont have a good feeling about this..

Group Leader
Could you give a bit of a spoiler on her life if u know? id rather quit this early depending on how the story develops, dont have a good feeling about this..
It's a slow burn and there's only 21 chapters out. There's no definite information about her life, but...

In Chapter 7, she says something that reveals she has insecurities about what "value" she has.

In Chapter 19, someone from her past recognizes her and she pretends not to know them.

Most of the chapters so far are spent developing Hashizuka, though recent chapters are dipping into developing Hitsuji more.

Most of the manga is spent being introspective about money, love, and the give-and-take nature of relationships. So it's basically 30% drama, 30% cute romance, and 40% being philosophical.

Users who are viewing this thread