Kemono Friends 2

Dex-chan lover
Best doujinshi is https://mangadex.org/title/22572/jojo-s-bizarre-adventure-kemono-friends-what-if-kars-sama-fell-into-japari-park-doujinshi

Dex-chan lover
With the four chapters (as of now) translated, it's clear that this is being given FAR more care than the anime was. The characters aren't stale and lifeless, and they added quite a bit of flair to things that were incredibly boring. That said though, it sure churns up some awful memories as a person who watched the cursed season to the very end. Even if he's not as awful as his anime counterpart, I still don't like Kyururu. Maybe this manga will change my mind when/if the rest of the chapters are translated, but this is definitely a step in the right direction. Of course, it will never make up for the sheer catastrophe that was everything after Tatsuki got fired, but still.

At least the manga seems to be making season 2's story tolerable. I don't dislike Caracal, which is quite a huge step forward from the anime.

Fed-Kun's army
If I recall correctly, Kemono Friends 1 is about a zoo girl right? Why don't link it to here? Is there any wrong with it?

Group Leader
Kemono Friends 2 is the manga adaption for the season 2 anime, while the original manga "Welcome to Japari Park!" is a prequel to the first season of the anime.

Fed-Kun's army
So where is the human girl? Did she get replace with this new human boy? Also, where is the zoologist girl?

Are u sure this is not a annually reboot of the series because I feel like the characters are discard so easily?

Group Leader
To give you a short summary of the kemono friends timeline.

Welcome to Japari Park Manga -> Kemono Friends Game (Nexon) -> Kemono Friends 3 Game (Sega) -> Kemono Friends Anime S1 -> Kemono Friends Anime S2 (The Kemono Friends 2 Manga is more of a retelling of the anime with some changes that improve the story a bit)

Characters aren't really discarded, Kemono Friends is more of a franchise, so characters appear left and right. Plus there are some timeskips here and there between the entries.

Fed-Kun's army
Na brah, this is the best doujin:
https://mangadex.org/title/23641/kemono-friends-if-a-snake-friend-appeared-in-japari-park-instead-doujinshi

Tho the Kars one is pretty lit ngl

Seems like the same crap as the S2 of this anime. People tend to say that everyone hated it because "they fired the guy who made season 1", but let me tell you that when I watched it I knew absolutely nothing about this and I still got angry / sad / disappointed just because of how bad the story was when you compare it to the first season.. Really don't know why they're now making a manga out of this garbage. They could've made a manga that would have different story than the anime, just like the first manga which was also different from the first season of the anime, they could've attempted to make a good story that would continue where season 1 ended and hopefuly make it atleast a bit decent. If they did that, I'm sure that most people would be happy even if it wasn't as well made as the season 1's story.
But no, it looks like they're now just trying to find easy ways of making money instead of actually trying to create something good that would be worth remembering. This had so much potential after the first season and they just decided to abandon it all?? The problem seems to be that kadokawa or the people in charge don't realize why the first season was so succesful, it wasn't about the animation or visual quality, it was so succesful because the story actually had a hidden meaning behind it, it tried to tell you something more than just "some funny animals and human fight cerulean".. The simple explanation of the S1 story is that more than "a funny story about animals and human" it was an allegory of a "perfect society", i.e. each episode was about doing or solving something that in return helped someone, and then in the last episode everyone they helped came in return to help them. There's more to it when I think about it, though this is enough as a simplified explanation. Even if you didn't realize this when you watched it, it was one of the reasons why it was appealing to so many people.

Group Leader
We'll be taking a bit of a break from translations and typesetting due to some of us being busy with our own things, chap 10 may come around slower than usual. For now, I hope you had fun reading KF2, I sure did.

Users who are viewing this thread