Kenja no Mago - Vol. 6 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
Oh my gosh. Just when I thought this manga couldn't get any better, the mangaka presents a complex character development for the antagonist, who may or may not willingly take part in the main story, considering that he's not going to be the one to invade Earlshade kingdom (forgot the name, I think that's that)

Also, lemme make this quote.
"This manga is so good you can even remember the MC's name despite being isekai."

Dex-chan lover
So easy to turn into a devil, bad things probably happen to magcians all the time in that world. They don't even have high speed internet or memes. A wizard could easily go crazy in such a world. Wouldnt there be thousands of devils all over the place?

Dex-chan lover
also why was the picture taken with the baby, s/he wasn't even born... unless it's supposed to be some kinda symbolism

@ilikeanime the picture was probably supposed to represent what his future with his family could have been before his wife and unborn child were killed

Wow it's different when you have a visualization of the scene. Author got skill when writing tragedy, especially this one. If I didn't read the novel, this chapter will have more impact. Truly a masterpiece for the author.

I also find it much more exciting if it's possible that Oliver Strom is the protagonist father.

@captain_crunch
I also wonder about that plot hole, why only few of the magic user can turn into devils if the world have countless of them? With all the despair it is much more realistic that most of the victim with magic will turn into devils.

@captain_crunch from what I can understand in the WN, strong negative emotions are one of the requirements, but people with higher magic capacity tends to go demon very fast. Strom and the first human Demon was both have high magic capacity and have strong negative emotions. It might look like it's easy for people to demonize but it's most likely because of strom giving them some of his mana and that made the other people easier to demonize.

Aggregator gang
This is the best we’ve seen from this manga so far. The setup was incredible, Storm’s motive was extremely believable and actually made you think that he was in the fight until you thought about the fact that most people living in the empire had nothing to do with it

Dex-chan lover
Oliver should have an alternative story, kinda like those other revenge stories

It's safe to say Strom had an excellent reason to do what he did and didn't even try to conquer the world after achieving his original feat. This is a villain that truly makes sense. Actually, no- this is a man that got his revenge without ludicrous intentions, I can't even call him a villain nor a hero. Truly a perfect character in a story

Yea Imagine doing something good for others, then they return it by killing your loved ones. There's no way you can't turn into a demon man.

Double-page supporter
I like this chapter a lot.

Even his revenge makes sense, but he shouldn't make all commoner in that empire to go through straving, though.

It's not like everyone of them get corrupted.

He is still in wrong. But, his action makes sense for doing that. Good writing.

Dex-chan lover
There sure is a lot of non-heroine cleavage in this manga for it to be so monogamy-oriented.

Wait, so they got up-in-arms after seeing the women being transported, but then they ran off without freeing them???

I can at least say the commoners he killed after they murdered his pregnant wife (for basically no reason?) are definitely better off dead. They are wayyyy too stupid to live.

Fed-Kun's army
With how the Bluesphere values are presented and the 'triggers' for demonization, it's a wonder how the empire isn't already over run with demons before this, tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread