Kichiku Eiyuu - Vol. 3 Ch. 23 - The beginning of unsettlement

Dex-chan lover
Noobs. You just shouldn't underestimate goblins.
giphy.webp

Dex-chan lover
Me? I correct brats. 💢💢💢
of course it's a lot of work, and it also need skills to do it right, but making money on the back of the owner of the original work is
not right i think you would agree.
the only reasonable argument in favor of scanlation is passion AND lack of official traduction (i don't even speak about convenience of service)

Dex-chan lover
At this point, why not just jump ahead and translate ch29+ instead? Not like the other tl's was bad enough to warrant waiting for this tl.
Scanlation is a lot of work. Do you do a lot of free work btw?
yes? That is rather normal for ppl to do, if they have hobbies.
Though the one you replied to was likely mostly pointing out that even if thieving is a lot of work, ones who fence their loot for cash instead of robin-hood'ing it are liked far less.
The issue is more dimensional than that argument though (really hard to find a correct way to go about it, due to difficulties in finding the copyright holder, contacting/reaching them, communicate (language), and even the mere fact that international shit often requires lots of legal knowledge), but overall the sentiment still holds.

Supporter
Good times when scanlation was just a hobby.
Agreed, there's an entire software "industry" dedicated to open-source licensing that lives off donations and hobbyists (and predatory firms that steal code for their own paid use.) I see plenty of open-source games made for game jams or just as passion projects. Hell just look at fan-made Hololive games or vidoes/movies made off their content. If they want to make money,  fan scanlations aint it.

Dex-chan lover
Ohhh noo, who would've thought! Guess we are not getting over this predicament without our sugoi hero demon MC!!1!

Dex-chan lover
yup fucked exactly like i said they would be. the real big one ain't even shown up yet.

Users who are viewing this thread