Kikori no Isekai Tan

Fed-Kun's army
There's a certain appeal about a fantasy world with all of the standard elements, yet a protagonist that isn't immensely overpowered, gifted with an incredible body, powerful magic, or anything else that make them settle in and become a dominant force easily. What we have here is merely a reincarnated boy with a rough upbringing and his axe against the world, and boy does it seem like a tough world to live in with how he was easily throttled by goblins. It's difficult, but not overly brutal. His background is less than stellar, but it's not Berserk levels of tragic. There's a bit of a gilded flair to an otherwise standard world, and I think that's a great middle-ground for it to be in.

Overall, I have a good feeling about this series going forward, and I hope we can get some lengthier fight scenes in the future, as the one we got was good thematically as our first battle, but a little too short to properly demonstrate much outside of "the protagonist is mentally strong enough to withstand a beating, and skilled enough to dish one out when he has his bearings". If I had to give it a score, it'd probably be an 8.5/10, the setting is somewhat unique besides being a standard fantasy world, but the story and characters so far have a lot of potential.

A fantasy Isekai with
1. NO STATUS SCREENS
2. NO JRPG MECHANICS
3. NO OVERPOWERED MC WITH GODLIKE CHEAT ABILITIES
4. AN ACTUAL INTERESTING STORY SO FAR.

I will keep reading this.

Dex-chan lover
already better than most isekai and regression/ hey i resurrected in your son's body type of webtoons
where the MC takes over the body of a kid
and everyone in his immediate surroundings from friends to family
proceed to not notice/ dwell on the fact [insert supposed kid] did a 180 overnight and seems like an entirely different person

also a plus he doesn't just randomly put on a clown mask and start acting like a kid as a potential young adult
low bar, maybe...

Beginning after End tried to tackle this as well, but did it by way of expo dump (MC just flat out tells his parents)

Users who are viewing this thread