Kill the Hero - Vol. 1 Ch. 21

This chapter was stretched so thin I can see through it. 🤬

Seriously, here is the entire chapter: we are going to betray this guy. Hur hur, let's enter the dungeon.

Fed-Kun's army
Maybe it’s because it’s been so long, but I can’t remember who any of these guys are or what their motives are. Felt pretty confused the whole chapter.

I'm confused too, gonna need a summary, my only understanding is that both groups are going after the MC, no idea why lol

hmm MC apparently knows some secret from the first dungeon, as he was one of the only survivors? so now messiah guild (which is cahoots with the skull guild) wants to kill MC to prevent any info leak. The two groups trying to kill him rn is a the skull guild and a hire-to-kill group.
Mc was sent to this dungeon to lure in the skull guild because the guy who sent MC there told someone that MC knows a secret about the skull guild. The Sender hired the 'hire-to-kill' group in order to protect the MC, but the messiah (cahoots w/ skull) guild bribed the hire-to kill group to kill MC too.

Uhh I tried creating a summary, if anything is wrong point it out.

Thank you for translating... Our Woojin boy gonna rip them all 🤣 Can't wait for more chapterr

@pengwing
phoenix master told MC to play decoy for skull members and/or messiah. Hired group to protect MC. Messiah guy paid more to same group to capture MC instead of protecting from Skull group.

I think MC probably gonna use both groups to clear and get loots and info and then kill them all. Then when he leaves he "luckily" survived because his "protector" group "fought" to the bitter end against skull group

Yes, both sides are after the MC, but for slightly different reasons. Phoenix think the Skull guild cleared the A+ dungeon before being wiped out by an unknown group, so their guild master built the MC up as a target by hiring very expensive protection for him in the form of the merceneries. The Phoenix guild leader said they were there to protect the MC, but he actually hired them to make it seem like MC needs protecting because he has secret information on the player murders, and who wiped out skull group in the A+ dungeon. Basically Phoenix is pretending the MC has knowledge about who killed Skull group to lure them in, without realising that MC actually does have that info, because he's the one who wiped them out.

Skull group are there because they think if they capture the MC they will be able to get information out of him on what happened to their guys in the A+ dungeon. Before the A+ dungeon Messiah were the ones who secretly partnered with skull group to kill other players, so thinking MC knows this (which he does), Messiah have paid the mercenaries more than Phoenix to get them to kill the MC instead of protect him, to stop their secret from getting out. Hiring mercenaries as assassins is also bad though, particularly for a 'saintly' group like Messiah, so the Messiah guy has joined the Skull guild in disguise to kill the mercenaries after the job is done.

Of course all of this is playing into the MCs hands, so it goes even further. It's actually excellent story-building, deception, and intrigue in my opinion. We're layers deep in the MCs complex web of double-crosses, connection building, and revenge; and it seems like it's only going to get deeper. I'm really enjoying it!

Users who are viewing this thread