Kill the Male Lead to Become the Villainess - Ch. 8 - the overly enthusiastic child

Dex-chan lover
you know you could just work with the other person instead of sniping right?

anw you should learn a bit about typesetting, choose more appropriate fonts and check your grammar before uploading. Also, are you MTL this?

I'm thinking of starting chapter 1 of this manga so it's no longer sniping, I think I'll catch up in a few weeks.

Dex-chan lover
i feel like this would be easier to read if you chose a better font, thanks for the tl i like this comic a bit

Dex-chan lover
unrelated but i find the tl notes and sfx notes to be really funny. it made my day :)
anyway, thanks!

Group Leader
you know you could just work with the other person instead of sniping right?

anw you should learn a bit about typesetting, choose more appropriate fonts and check your grammar before uploading. Also, are you MTL this?
Yeah clearly not contacting me and uploading scuffed chapter is a great idea.

(I don’t want to come off as salty btw because it’s not my intention, but I think some of the shitposting in the scanlation threads I’m in rubbed off on me)

Yeah clearly not contacting me and uploading scuffed chapter is a great idea.

(I don’t want to come off as salty btw because it’s not my intention, but I think some of the shitposting in the scanlation threads I’m in rubbed off on me)
yeah totally im sorry. I'll be improving my redrawing lol. Any tips for me? oh yea im not familiar with scanner lingo so please teach me what mtl is lol also is it a bother if I start translating from chapter 1? I think that solves this issue. It wasn't my intention to upload a scuffed chapter lol I thought it was fine

Last edited:
Group Leader
yeah totally im sorry. I'll be improving my redrawing lol. Any tips for me? oh yea im not familiar with scanner lingo so please teach me what mtl is lol
MTL just stands for Machine Translating, and for redraws (also I mean actual redraws, not just blanking out the text because that's not what a redraw is) you should use an actual editing software like photoshop (you could just pirate it it's the easiest thing to do). For some of the redraws I do I manually remake the line, here for exemple I continued the cloth that was coming around her in a loop with its shadow so that's that.
1720825651103.png1720825644466.png

For typesetting you should look into getting fonts that actually emphasize the tone of what the characters are saying since it just makes it more lively. Also you should keep font size somewhat constant (for exemple I generally use a size 50 font for most of my bubbles) although it shouldn't prevent you from making it smaller/bigger if there's too much/not enough text to fill the bubble.

By the way the font that's most commonly used for scans is CC wild word. If you don't know how to install fonts, you just need to find the file for it (just look up its name on any browser and you'll find sites like Dafont), you'll obtain a .ttf file you can open in windows (or MacOS I'm not sure how it works on that) and click install. It will then appear in the list of fonts you can chose from across all applications.

ALMOST FORGOT but there's also this that can help:
https://mangadex.org/title/08e1f85a...261/anonblack-s-typesetting-guide?tab=related

1720826373386.png

Anyway I've got chapter 9 ready and almost finished chapter 10 so I'll probably release both tomorrow

MTL just stands for Machine Translating, and for redraws (also I mean actual redraws, not just blanking out the text because that's not what a redraw is) you should use an actual editing software like photoshop (you could just pirate it it's the easiest thing to do). For some of the redraws I do I manually remake the line, here for exemple I continued the cloth that was coming around her in a loop with its shadow so that's that.
View attachment 4699View attachment 4696

For typesetting you should look into getting fonts that actually emphasize the tone of what the characters are saying since it just makes it more lively. Also you should keep font size somewhat constant (for exemple I generally use a size 50 font for most of my bubbles) although it shouldn't prevent you from making it smaller/bigger if there's too much/not enough text to fill the bubble.

By the way the font that's most commonly used for scans is CC wild word. If you don't know how to install fonts, you just need to find the file for it (just look up its name on any browser and you'll find sites like Dafont), you'll obtain a .ttf file you can open in windows (or MacOS I'm not sure how it works on that) and click install. It will then appear in the list of fonts you can chose from across all applications.

ALMOST FORGOT but there's also this that can help:
https://mangadex.org/title/08e1f85a...261/anonblack-s-typesetting-guide?tab=related

View attachment 4702

Anyway I've got chapter 9 ready and almost finished chapter 10 so I'll probably release both tomorrow
thanks mate

Users who are viewing this thread