Kimi ni Aisarete Itakatta - Vol. 7 Ch. 49 - Sense of Distance

Double-page supporter
were kids in school actually like this

I was not the most popular gal, so perhaps that is why, or maybe it is my autism speaking, but I have no memories of people being two-faced and going behind each other's backs and all that, it was mostly just kids being dumb kids

Dex-chan lover
I have officially stopped actually reading this. Now i just skim to see if the bully is okay. She is the only character i care about at this point. I want her to recover, as much as she can.

Dex-chan lover
I am lost with this direction. What's with the focus on these characters again? When are we going to back with the story with Kanae and Hiroshi?

I don't even know what's going on anymore. I can't be bothered to read the raws, so I can only assume the TL is fine, and it's the raws that are confusing.

Dex-chan lover
I am lost with this direction. What's with the focus on these characters again? When are we going to back with the story with Kanae and Hiroshi?
2 more chapters of this flashback, the main plot resume in chapter 52

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe everyone's complaining about the fatty side story.
nothing interesting has happened in the main storyline for ages, how is this not just as good if not better ? All that's happened in the main storyline for the last 2 is Kanae biting her nails and having freak-outs over nothing, and the male love interest being like "muh baseball muh shoulder, kanae you do not appreciate muh baseball".

It's still pleasant and I'm sure it will eventually get juicy again but it;'s hardly riveting at the moment like the initial 3 volumes with the ostracisation and bullying and revenge arcs.

Tomiko's side story is just as good as the main storyline right now.
She's a based character.

Double-page supporter
were kids in school actually like this
Abso-fucking-lutely. At least girls were doing this shit, and mostly in middle school to early high school I'd say. The whole two-faced friend level up situation is extraordinarily common between the so-called "cute girls" and so-called "nerdy loser girls". Usually it goes like this. Nerdy-uggo girl is childhood friends with Nerdy-cute girl. Nerdy-uggo girl continues be a Nerdy-uggo girl while Nerdy-cute girl evolves into Popular-cute girl once they enter high-school or middle-school. Nerdy-uggo girl thinks that even after all the time that passes, they're still friends like they were before the new school-year. Bzzzrrt. Wrong, when Nerdy-uggo girl tries to talk to the now evolved Popular-cute girl (who now has an entirely new set of non-nerdy friends) Popular-cute girl, now in survival mode at being confronted with an undesirable remnant of her past that will bring down her newfound sense of ego and popularity, will either
1. act dumb and pretend that she doesn't even know Nerdy-uggo girl.
2. start acting uncharacteristically mean so that Nerdy-uggo girl never talks to her again.
Thus, causing an intense, almost irreparable sense of trauma, insecurity, and distrust-of-others (especially others who happen to be cuter, slimmer, or outwardly nicer) in the Nerdy-uggo girl that will seldom go healed. A tale as old as time among super unsocial, weird and very nerdy girls~!

I don't get the hate for this arc, to me it's an extremely well written and a far more interesting one than seeing BPD-chan moment #2454. I mean, I get it. There's a high percentage of people here who've come to see hot girls acting mental because it gets them hard so the lack of hot mentally unwell girls is sure to spark rage. I get it, totally get it. BUT. Tomiko's flash-back arc is horrifyingly realistic and absolutely enrapturing. I unironically love this arc because it paints a realistic picture of interpersonal conflict and relationships among teenage girls in different ""castes"", a caustic, terrifyingly unstable thing. It's almost nostalgic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread