Kimi no Okaasan wo Boku ni Kudasai! - Vol. 2 Ch. 11

Man I love that little shes cute addition to the series

Hope this is a long running series will be sad when it goes

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Oh, man i can relate so much with Ryo, i just got bodied by a mock exam today, 58/100, with that score i have exactly 0% chance at getting in any university, and my parents are like "you have to study more and harder" but i am feeling frustrated, like, isn't that what i've been doing? I'm also having trouble with school assignments and my mom says "it's the last push" and i think "How many times have i heard that? When will be truly the last push?". The only thing i can do now is pick myself up and get ready for the next one, but i'm not really feeling it.

@Richman gotta do what this chapter says convey the things you want to say to your parents I did get into university and dropp9out the next year it was hard to tell to my parents that but I didn't want to study that and now I am happy doing something I like

Fed-Kun's army
This feels bitter...and she feels really two faced....Tbh aren’t you where his doubts spawned from? You said he was a jobless nobody afterall Who could never support a family....ahh I am done with this...

Contributor
@Richman
Life never follows a linear path nor it is some shitty game you have to speedrun. Forcing yourself ain't the way to go. Try to breathe. Repeat. Try again. Do what you want and feel is right, and do it for yourself. If you're putting the work, sooner or later results will follow o/

Dex-chan lover
>Seeing other people your age succeeding while you're still a nobody
Big feel.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@Alfredzex My problem is that i really want to get in, it's an amazing school and it's the only one of it's class in the entire state, but i don't feel capable enough and i'm in no position to try again later, i also can't drop out if i get in, it's ironic, i think i've developed imposter syndrome, because i've done things none of my friends at school or my family have done, but i don't think i did them on my own, i feel like i was clinging to other people's efforts, even at school i'm getting carried in some subjects by my teams, sometimes i don't even do any work. Like Mr. Incredible said, i'm not strong enough and i feel like i don't have enough time, it's especially time what i feel i'm lacking, if i could reverse time, i could have done better, but i need to come through right now.

Dex-chan lover
I like how the more we learn about Ryo, the more we realize that he's really mature for his age. The first chapters gave an impression that aren't entirely accurate to how he truly is, but as the series goes on, it becomes clear that he's not just an inexperienced kid.

In the words of Rush, "Live for yourself, there's no one else more worth living for."

Life is an absurd series of unpredictable and seemingly random events that have so many immeasurable causes that the likelihood of any of it happening is so astronomically small, that the idea that any of it could ever happen is ridiculous.

Ironically, considering how I just read the Tao Te Ching, I think the answer to your problem falls in one of the quotes from there.

Chapter 44
Fame or integrity: which is more important?
Money or happiness: which is more valuable?
Success or failure: which is more destructive?

If you look to others for fulfillment,
you will never truly be fulfilled.
If your happiness depends on money,
you will never be happy with yourself.

Be content with what you have;
rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking,
the whole world belongs to you.​
Here's a link to the audiobook, because I really think that it will help you, especially with the issue you're having right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2UYch2JnO4

Also consider that it's all relative. 58% may sound shitty on paper, but it depends on how everyone else scored. On an AP Exam, that's in the 3-4 range, which is passing. Plus the benefit of mock exams is that they show you the areas in which you have room for improvement.
@Richman

Fed-Kun's army
This series started out cringe in chapter 1 and I feared the main character was some sort of idiot.

But he isn't. He's a good, thoughtful young man with a big heart who matured quite a bit from chapter 1. I know his love for Yuzuki is one sided (although she does care for him, clearly), but I hope it works out for him.

This Manga is a perfect blend of wholesomeness with a sprinkle of ecchi fanservice. Thanks for translating

Contributor
Yeah, the first chapter was not really the best for Ryo, no one really liked him at this time, and for good reasons.

But now he is much better, and it's nice to see him changing each chapter.
Haruka is a great addition too, she's a nice girl.

Dex-chan lover
It's great to see Ryo still developing so much alongside his relationship with Yuzuki, and even Haruka as well. His issue was all too relatable, and it's good that he has someone to open up to like that.

Users who are viewing this thread