Kimi wa, Nina Janai - Ch. 23 - We could start as friends

Group Leader
Howdy y'all, Kiwi here!

I'm going to attempt to start working on the this series myself again coming soon, just as soon as I get the fonts all figured out, though I'm sure that'll be easy, right?

Anyways, I'm all moved in now, so really there shouldn't be much in terms of delays because of that. Delays will probably occur though as I deal with uhh... school.

Chapters 25 and 26 should be pretty good, but I've got to work on my typesetting so it should be a few weeks at least.

Dex-chan lover
Ugh. Taking orders from your cheating ex who sabatoged your career is ridiculous even by Japanese MC standards.
Honestly it's probably a cultural "face" thing. There might be some context missing for us.

Hope the date for calling her a hoe in front of her parents doesn't overlap with the date for someone not hearing "I love you" over the fireworks.

Group Leader
Ugh. Taking orders from your cheating ex who sabatoged your career is ridiculous even by Japanese MC standards.
Funnily enough, if this was in contemporary Japanese society, she would have waaaay more to lose. Women already get the short end of the stick there most of the time, let alone cheating women. Just goes to show how much more of a pushover Ao is being.

Dex-chan lover
Howdy y'all, Kiwi here!

I'm going to attempt to start working on the this series myself again coming soon, just as soon as I get the fonts all figured out, though I'm sure that'll be easy, right?

Anyways, I'm all moved in now, so really there shouldn't be much in terms of delays because of that. Delays will probably occur though as I deal with uhh... school.

Chapters 25 and 26 should be pretty good, but I've got to work on my typesetting so it should be a few weeks at least.
Ok np. looking forward to your stuff. Just don't overlook the spell checking. Many do that. Other whis good luck with school.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Boy, Nina just treated that boy like an email from work sent on a Friday night.
But on the other side, we see how menhera people are really like. People abused by abusive people tend to be roped back into such relationships more or less. The mere fact that Aoba didn't say no to that phone call and said "this is the last time" is a typical cycle for these abusive relationships. Once he's in the menhera's "home court advantage" he'll fall into the trap of becoming a yes man if he's not careful. (he should be honest with his feelings and consider thinking about his feelings for Nina as that might help him fortify his mind)

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, MC is doing some amazing mental gymnastics right there, guess we're fishing for more drama 🥲

Not expecting much wholesome anymore at this point 😵

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Boy, Nina just treated that boy like an email from work sent on a Friday night.
But on the other side, we see how menhera people are really like. People abused by abusive people tend to be roped back into such relationships more or less. The mere fact that Aoba didn't say no to that phone call and said "this is the last time" is a typical cycle for these abusive relationships. Once he's in the menhera's "home court advantage" he'll fall into the trap of becoming a yes man if he's not careful. (he should be honest with his feelings and consider thinking about his feelings for Nina as that might help him fortify his mind)

I think a lot of the comments here are kind of missing this context/perspective. Aoba is a victim of more than just cheating, his last relationship was beyond unhealthy to the point it traumatized him, it's kind of clear why he isn't able to think about it clearly. Beyond that, it's not like his relationship with Nina is super straightforward either given that she's younger and also happens to be the person behind a Vtuber he liked. It's hard for me to think anything other than that he's got it rough.

Dex-chan lover
Funnily enough, if this was in contemporary Japanese society, she would have waaaay more to lose. Women already get the short end of the stick there most of the time, let alone cheating women. Just goes to show how much more of a pushover Ao is being.
Hm I don't agree. Could definitely see this happening in real life right now in Japan and definitely see a chick get away with it. This idea women always get the short end of the stick over there sounds like one sided propaganda.

Dex-chan lover
This mf really going thru all this unnecessary ass stress, for a bitch who ruined him cause she couldn't keep her legs closed

Grow a fucking spine and tell that bitch to go take a fucking hike

Dex-chan lover
That's not taking order, it's a dude that lost everything because of her. It's something quite common IRL, and if you knew someone who lived it or lived it yourself you would actualy understand why the dude cant just say no.

This woman is the kind of bitch that can send a man to jail just because she is upset.

Group Leader
I have a gist of what's going to happen and this annoys me so much... worst ex-gf

Dex-chan lover
It's hard watching Charlie Brown line up to kick the football time after time. But this isn't a gag, it's an arc, so I have an expectation he goes in with some character growth and a plan. If he can prove to her parents she was a vengeful hoe, even better!

Dex-chan lover
I swear to god if he says no to the fireworks show cuz he has that appointment with his ex on the same day..Idc if u said its the last time, if smth even remotely close to important happened on the same day, id ditch that bitch np

Users who are viewing this thread