Kindaichi Case Files - Vol. 3 Ch. 17 - (File 2) The Ijinkan Village Murder Case (11)

I suddenly went amnesia, can anyone tell me why Wakaba killed the girl who replaced her sleeping in the church?

Power Uploader
@17Serenity Wakaba killed and decapitated Kiriko to make it seem like it was Wakaba who had died in the church. The police wouldn't be able to identify the corpse without the head, and the DNA analysis would take some time, before which Wakaba and Odagiri would be able to escape the village - at least that was the original plan.

@Gent thank you for the reply. So there's no grudge or something before? Just a means to an end for Wakaba to run away with her lover (the teacher)?

I was crying after seeing the scene of Hajime cried.
But after seeing the comments, and feels like. Euhhhhh suddenly my tears is stop when realize , yeah this Wakaba true love also sacrifice other person who didn't have fault.

I don't like how the manga tried to romanticize the relationship between Wakaba and Odagiri. In the end, they were both selfish individuals who murdered people who didn't deserve it (except the ones who were directly responsible for the murders of 27 years earlier, I guess). And Odagiri eventually killed her, so how am I supposed to believe he truly loved her? I understand that he grew up in peculiar circumstances, but murder is not love. He could have spared her but he didn't.

By the way, I was hoping to see the fiancé's face at the end! Guess it will remain a mystery lol

Fed-Kun's army
I don't like how the manga tried to romanticize the relationship between Wakaba and Odagiri. In the end, they were both selfish individuals who murdered people who didn't deserve it (except the ones who were directly responsible for the murders of 27 years earlier, I guess). And Odagiri eventually killed her, so how am I supposed to believe he truly loved her? I understand that he grew up in peculiar circumstances, but murder is not love. He could have spared her but he didn't.

By the way, I was hoping to see the fiancé's face at the end! Guess it will remain a mystery lol
...... Speechless. The manga really trying to ramanticize a murderer and a serial killer.

And both of them suffer a horrible demise in the end. What else do you guys want?

And both of them suffer a horrible demise in the end. What else do you guys want?
You completely misunderstood the point of my (pretty old) comment. What I was criticizing was the (in my opinion) unrealistic attempt to show a more "human" side of the murderers at the end. Odagiri is especially despicable because he posed as a teacher, seduced a (underage) student by making her believe he was truly in love with her, only to brutally kill her once she fulfilled her role even though she had nothing to do with the individuals who killed his family (other than being unfortunately related to one of them). I'm not shocked by any of this, Kindaichi is literally a series about people being murdered. I was simply surprised that at the end the writers tried to make us believe these two individuals were actually in love and that we should feel bad for their tragic romance. When they showed Odagiri crying for Wakaba it was way too sappy.

Personally I love this series, I enjoy how even the murderers are usually sympathetic or at least people you can understand (depending on the severity of their crime, obviously). But this particular case never convinced me much.

Users who are viewing this thread