Kirinji Gate - Vol. 7 Ch. 50 - Dear Old Planet

Dex-chan lover
That was some extremely rapid development, also that author omake: bruh.

Dex-chan lover
You can feel it in this chapter the most (right after the no build-up, jump straight to the final boss fight with Majin arc), that the Editorial department probably had enough and prompted the series to be wrapped up in the next volume.

Given the long-winded way we managed to arrive at the point of the story where Hanako opens her eyes, we also got closure, for the most part, on Kanon's end. Chapters usually weren't this packed with plot from what I recall.

I'm very skeptical about a 4th installment being possible, my assumption would be the whole - Mahjong never makes anyone happy smh - thing to be trumped by Kiriya facing off against Majin, beating him - telling him to return to his wife, and never look back at the summit (Kiriya himself) again. I guess we'd get a teenage Koume looking for her Dad as the final story arc / 4th installment.

I'm honestly leaning more towards this entire series getting wrapped up in short fashion. My best guess is that the long-lasting readership had enough of changing up the main MC from Kiriya to An. Here's to hoping it at least doesn't end in a train wreck. :s

Dex-chan lover
Author really went:
pihm5q7lh6da1.jpg

Still interested to see how things wrap up, this has been my favorite mahjong manga series to date

I only just found this series through kirinji gate and An. honestly im really sad that it seems people werent fond of an and that its getting shelved. Why does this always happen to good niche manga smh

Dex-chan lover
I only just found this series through kirinji gate and An. honestly im really sad that it seems people werent fond of an and that its getting shelved. Why does this always happen to good niche manga smh
If you've read the previous 2 installments since, people can get easily rubbed the wrong way when their boy (Kiriya) had a beautiful story building up, just to get dropped as main MC in favor of some girl that's never played Mahjong before in part 3 (presumably the final part of a trilogy)?

I would be hard-pressed to think of people that wouldn't be rubbed the wrong way.

If you've read the previous 2 installments since, people can get easily rubbed the wrong way when their boy (Kiriya) had a beautiful story building up, just to get dropped as main MC in favor of some girl that's never played Mahjong before in part 3 (presumably the final part of a trilogy)?

I would be hard-pressed to think of people that wouldn't be rubbed the wrong way.
i get that but i honestly felt she had a really strong character plot and found her interesting and fun to watch. plus kiriya is still leading the plot while an is just floating around. i probably wouldve been annoyed too but she is so fun to watch i dont know how she didnt grow on everyone

Dex-chan lover
i get that but i honestly felt she had a really strong character plot and found her interesting and fun to watch. plus kiriya is still leading the plot while an is just floating around. i probably wouldve been annoyed too but she is so fun to watch i dont know how she didnt grow on everyone
The simplest way to look at it is expecting to get Anakins story and PoV in episode 3, but imagine they for some reason introduced someone like Rey Skywalker instead to take over as MC in part 3. If you want to know what happens to Anakin and Qui-gon, you'd be put off if the third and presumably last installment of the series was suddenly told from Padme's PoV (or another new character, hence the Rey analogy).

Imagine swapping out Kaiji for some rando MC that deep into a thrilling 3 arc story. Ideas like those are much better left to spinoffs - Middle Manager Tonegawa is a good example for this.

Users who are viewing this thread