Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House - Vol. 11 Ch. 110 - Hey, Kiyo-chan

Dex-chan lover
You feel like they're really going to miss her when they graduate, right...? how sweet.

Dex-chan lover
@SOL_rocks A good breakfast, lunch, and dinner are indeed essential healing factors.

@friendly I actually never thought about it, but perhaps Kiyo is only planning to stick around as long as Sumire is living in that boarding house. If anything, Sumire leaving might be the signal for Kiyo to leave as well, to seek formal education in cooking and catering, and then look at what the wider world could offer to her (or at least Japan).

Aggregator gang
It's kinda sad, that she's doing all that and acting like some kind of granny.

Dex-chan lover
I kinda wonder if she's a paid employee, or just working for room and board... She had to get pocket money from Mother at one point.

I hope when Sumire graduates and moves out on her own, Kiyo goes with her as a personal assistant/cook/maid.

another comfy chapter~
and kiyo is getting used to become the caretaker~

Group Leader
It's one o'clock in the morning local time as I'm reading this... and I'm hungry now.

I wonder if we'll get a flashback chapter of Mother talking to Kiyo about working as a caterer here. It might help clear some things up.

Fed-Kun's army
@waterbottlecushion I think in the first couple chapters, she has the flashback where shes helping the current caretaker b4 while she was in training. I dont think it's what you're looking for but it probably implies it was already natural for her to be in there and since they needed a new caretaker she offered the job to Kiyo.

@Laparoscopic iirc in one of the chapters, it was explained that she was paid like Maiko, that is her full time pay was given to her parents while she got some pocket money regularly from the Mother of the house

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone remember which chapter she first took over the catering job? She cooked oyakodon or something.

Dex-chan lover
It would be good if Kiyo found a chef at one of the establishments where the Maiko perform to take her in as an apprentice then she can continue to work in Kyoto and one day she might be able to open her own tea house too.

Users who are viewing this thread