Kizu Darake no Jinsei

I adore stories of people who have to try and live their lives doing the right thing, but as the saying goes, road to hell is paved with good intentions. The primal allure of raw emotion clashing with reason is always beautiful to me when done right, not with words but with facial expressions and actions. It is amusing to see a tough, scarred yakuza brute make a smile.

Dex-chan lover
Glad things went back in time for the main story after the prologue. It was nice, but he seemed too happy-go-stupid in that part.

Otherwise, nice and heartwarming with a good serving of badass.

Dex-chan lover
....I can't shake the impression this is basically about a really tough pedophile.

@Nitouryu @77BLc9JwJGpLVARkamJx It's not a mistake. The character of Jinsei was first introduced in Oton, a spinoff of Tough. I guess the character was interesting enough that the mangaka decided to build a full series around the character. That being said, he was in literally one chapter of the original manga I think, so you probably don't need to read the main series. Though I'm sure some of the characters will pop up at some point.

Group Leader
@xKaidoh

Technically, it's just for the Oton manga. The character doesn't appear in any of the Tough mangas. According to the text at the end of the second prequel chapter, he was a character that was just created for the Oton stories but that the public took a liking to, which is what lead to the short stories (prequel 1 & 2) and then an actual serialization.

@xKaidoh Now it's correctly changed to Adaptation from Oton. I have read it up till vol.8 and as far as I can tell there are no references to the main cast of Tough. Either way it's an irrelevant footnote.

Fed-Kun's army
This manga has so much manliness it could make any boy a man, and so much feels that could make even the manliest man cry.

Dex-chan lover
This guy reminds me of Garcia Rossi from the Trails series. :3 (He's aka Killing Bear due to his size)

Users who are viewing this thread